Chapter 22-Moving In

*Hazel's POV*

I was released from the hospital two days later. Shawn tried to tell me about my father but I didn't want to hear it. I didn't want to hear anything about my father. He could die for all I care, that's just how much I hated him. I know it's bad but sometimes I blame him for how my life became. Maybe if he wasn't in denial of my mother's death...then maybe my life would be different. I wouldn't have been a prostitute and I wouldn't have met Ethan.

When Shawn said his name I just wanted to cry. My dad hurt me and I don't think I could ever forgive him. I had to beg Shawn never to mention him, I didn't want to add him to one of my problems.

Now I have to deal with possibly going against Ethan in court and Zoe's mouth. It took several hours for Shawn to finally convince me to move in with him. He promised me Zoe wouldn't make me feel uncomfortable. Besides, this was temporary right? I could have easily went back to Ethan's house but I'm scared of that place now. Shawn was already telling me that Michelle was facing deportation and honestly, serves that bitch right. I was really REALLY happy about that. She saw what Ethan was doing to me, she saw EVERYTHING but yet..chose to sleep with him. What a sad excuse of a friend. And she deserves everything she gets.

I refuse to have any visitors during my time at the hospital . From my son especially. I didn't want anyone feeling bad for me. It's already embarrassing enough for people to find out I had an abusive husband. I didn't want them to start blaming me for being abused...call me ridiculous but there are people out there that blame the female. I didn't want to start blaming myself.

Shawn was the only that came to see me. After seeing the doctor, he was helping me get my stuff ready so we could take it back to his place. I didn't want to know anything about my miscarriage. The topic was sensitive. All I wanted to do was see Noah. That's all. Just Noah.

"You ready?" Shawn asked

He didn't look as happy as usual. He just had a foul facial expression and I was beginning to think maybe he regrets telling me he wanted me to move in. So I had to ask him what was wrong. To my surprise he was open on telling me. "I'm suspended"

"What?" I asked

He let me know the day he shot Ethan caused him to get suspended until further notice. He then proceeded to tell me Randy was in the hospital. Of course I had to ask him what happened but he just shook his head and grabbed my hand. It felt like someone shocked me. It made me remember the time he told me he loved me. So where do we go from here? I mean he's still married.

Realizing that, made me pull away from him. Oh geez. This reminds me of the day I broke up Ethan's marriage. Karma hit me real good and the last thing I wanted to do was break up another one.

"What's wrong?" He asked said reaching for my hand again. But I stepped back almost hitting the corner of the bed with my ankle. "I just want to go and rest....please"

He didn't argue with me. Instead he dropped my stuff and grabbed for my hand again. "Okay now we can go" he smiled.

The drive back to his house was tension high. He kept trying to bring up Ethan and how he's going to be in prison for a long time blah blah blah. I don't want to hear anything about Ethan. So I had to put the volume up in the car to get him to shut up. But he didn't. He said his dad was a very successful lawyer and he already called him down to fight my case. He wants to make sure Ethan stays in prison, he wants to make sure I have full custody and get all his wealth.

I don't really care about money. I mean I used to, but now..divorce and having full custody would be enough.

"I have to tell you something about your dad" he whispered putting the volume down.
I rolled my eyes "if he's not dead then I don't want to hear it"