Chapter 42-new beginings

One year later

*Shawn's POV*

I received a call about a disruption at a local strip club. My partner and I were given the task to check out what was going on. It didn't take me long for me to drive there. It was literally down the street from my restaurant. The same strip club that I saw Hazel in years ago. The memory almost made me smile. Once we arrived at the club, we immediately spotted what the problem was.

Hank

Trouble maker Hank that is not new to jail. He's been in and out of jail numerous times. I forgot how many time I arrested him. Boy did he change. He now had a big gut that even his big shirt couldn't cover up all that fat. He had so many rolls on his arms I lost count. His full head of gray hair was now shaved and he had the nerve to tattoo his face on his big shiny head. His facial hair was all over the place and he was missing one shoe. Hank had a beer in one hand as he started showing everyone what he was packing with. The sight was just disturbing, the last thing I needed right now was witnessing a mans genitals.

The guy was clearly drunk.

He had a group of girls scared and some men were ready to pounce on him. I shook my head in disgust. My partner and I walked over to Hank. I could see he spotted us from the corner of his eyes. He gave me a small smile "What? What did I do so wrong?"

I frowned and tried really hard not to stare at his manhood. "Hank, you're drunk, and you're showing everyone your penis"

My partner started chuckling. I side eyed him and shoved him playfully. "You got it Shawn. There is no way in hell I'm going to touch him" my partner said making sure to take his shades off, letting his big blue eyes shimmer in the sunlight.

I let out a small smile.

I hated this situation but fighting crime with my best friend again made it all worth it. He always seemed to make me smile even at my worst. I didn't realize how much I appreciated him until I actually lost him. I mean finding out he cheated on my sister with my wife at the time was enough to make me hate him. So it took a lot for me to travel across the state to apologize for the false accusation. He was literally in hiding. Bobby and I hurt him that much that he kept moving from state to state. I finally found him in Alaska.

ALASKA!

but I didn't regret it. As soon as I knocked on his door I wasn't expecting much. Even when I got the door slammed in my face. I didn't blame him. He lost his job, lost his wife and best friend. But I refused to give up on him. So I sat there in the cold until he had enough. He came out and let me tell you, I was excited. He looked no different. He had maybe a few grey hairs here and there but he was still the same ole baby face Randy. I walked over to him ready to apologize and beg for forgiveness but I couldn't help but just hug him. He pulled away rather quickly and only had one thing on his mind "how's Bobby?"

My twin sister; Bobby. That's all he was concerned about. Well I told him what he wanted hear. She was fine. I left out the part where she had a baby by a mysterious specimen. Her pregnancy lasted about 8 months before she lost it. She didn't handle it well but I tried to be the best brother I could to help her heal. "So let me guess, you found out Zoe was lying huh? How? Cause god knows you didn't believe me when I told you-

"I know..I know..." I said looking down feeling ashamed of myself. My sister and I were quick to cut him off and speak bad about him without knowing true answers. I should have taken that DNA test....that would have been smart. But....I just didn't want to go to Elliot's room.

After what Ethan confessed, it gave me courage to finally go inside Elliot's room and get some of his DNA from one of his hair brushes. The test results were positive. He was indeed Ethan's son.