Chapter 20-poor baby

*Hazel's POV*

the fall was painful. It felt like I landed on millions of sharp glass. Pain rose I my body to the point it felt like I was about to give birth. I never felt pain like this before. It took my breath away and I felt every bone in my body break. I don't know if I broke it or not but judging by Ethan's shocked reaction I was sure that I broke something. I was even to afraid move. That only thing I cared for was my belly. I heard Ethan's loud gasp and footsteps coming downstairs.

"Ethan what did you do?!" I heard Michelle scream

I tried to sit up but I felt like I was injuring myself more as I heard some of my bones cracking. "Hazel don't move" Ethan said. I wanted to get away from him but I couldn't move. All I could do was just cry. I want to speak out, to call an ambulance...anything. But it was like I was mute. I couldn't do anything but let Ethan try to help me up but I screamed every time he touched me. It hurt. Everything hurt. "You have to call the ambulance" Michelle said from up the stairs.

"Just go upstairs and mind your business" he said before turning his attention back on me. "Hazel, you're being dramatic, just get up" he said attempting to pick me up but this time I let out a loud scream. He let me loose and I fell back on the hard ground. And that's when I felt something wet coming out of me. I was thinking maybe I might be on my period. But then..I remembered I was pregnant. Ethan saw this too, he reached down my skirt and felt my insides. I felt so violated that I started kicking and screaming. He didn't even acknowledged my fights, he just removed his hands from inside me and examined his fingers. Blood. Everywhere. I felt the need to throw up. But instead I started screaming and yelling that he killed our baby.

Then all of a sudden the front door burst open. My vision was still blurry and all I saw was two figures racing towards us. I scratched my eyes to clear my view.

All I saw was Shawn and another cop that I didn't recognize. He was a short stubby Fellow. He was completely bald and the only hairs that was on his face was his eyebrows and eye lashes. He had a baby face. He was your stereotypical fat cop. He looked more of a mall cop then a regular cop. He was just as stunned as Shawn. I could tell he didn't know what to do. But as for Shawn...he wasn't looking at me. He was looking dead at Ethan. The two men were glaring at each other like lions. It was so silent you could cut the tension with a knife.

Ethan looked down at me before glaring at Shawn once more. It was more of a challenging glare. Then he slowly reached for me to attempt to get me up and that's when Shawn moved. Everyone saw him whip out his gun like his life depend on it. He aimed for Ethan and before anyone can speak, shots were fired.

Shawn's partners managed to move the gun to the point the two shots didn't even touch Ethan. Instead it hit the wall. It was enough to drain the color from Ethan's face "were you about to kill me?"

Shawn responded by shoving the officer out the way again and aimed for Ethan once more. This time Ethan managed to duck. He started screaming and the only thing that made Shawn stop shooting was Michelle. She literally swung her body to protect Ethan.

I wanted Shawn to keep going. Shoot them both. I don't care. That's when Shawn threw his gun aside. His partner was yelling for him to stop. But it was like Shawn was seeing red. His eyes were wide as he rolled both his sleeves up before marching towards Ethan. He grabbed Michelle by the back of the shirt and threw her to the left side of the room as if she weighed 10 pounds. Then that's what set everything off. The men started fighting.

I didn't have time to see who was wining or losing. I needed to get to an ambulance. I was pretty thankful that Shawn's partner lifted me up and tried to shield my eyes from the scene. But It was up so close it was hard to. Shawn was on top of Ethan punching him silly with all his might. He was going straight to the face. Ethan was punching him as well but Shawn was eating those punches. It didn't faze him. In fact it made him punch Ethan harder. When he got tired he started using his head to head butt him multiple times.