Chapter 31-Meeting the grandson

*Marks POV*

"Are you sure you want to do this? I mean you just got out of jail" Alex said

"Okay and? I've never been more sure about something before. I told him I'm going to kill him, and that's what exactly I'll do" I said opening the passengers door to let my long legs out. Damn I hated this truck, it was too tight for my tall ass. I don't even know why I agreed to do errands with Alex and Hannah. I knew eventually Alex was going to bring up my mission to have that Cop; Shawn dead. I don't ever let anyone disrespect my daughter and live. Especially a cop. I had nothing else to lose anyways.

I heard Alex groan. I looked at him. He still looked the same, just like I do myself. Yeah I got a few wrinkles here and there but I was still the same Mark. "I would think you learned from your mistakes..prison taught you nothing..only made you worse" he lectured.

Oh god. Here we go.

"Hey don't start...

"No..you wanna commit a murder. KILL. Do you know how insane that sounds? Are you going to kill anyone that disrespects your daughter?"

"Yep"

"You're sick" he said letting down his window to let some air out.

He doesn't understand. He just doesn't.

"You're mad at yourself Mark, and you're taking your anger out on everyone else. Killing him won't bring you closer to your daughter..

"Well what do you want me to do?"

Alex crossed his arms and placed his head on the back of the chair. "Just let it go! Pick up a phone and call Hazel..for fucks Christ."

He thinks it's easy? "I'm not the only one who wants him dead...

Prison was a piece of cake for me. No one dared to mess with me..NO ONE. so when I had to room with Ethan..I wished him nothing but death. Looking at him all I saw was "rich bitch" he was behind bars for causing a miscarriage. Do you know how bad I hated him for that? I wanted to beat his ass, but that would be too easy. The first few weeks I made his life hell. Made him my bitch is what people would call it. Made him sleep on the floor, threaten him, stole his food..you name it. I had no sympathy for someone who would do something like that to his wife. So stupid. I soon got bored with him. He didn't interest me anymore and he stayed out my way.

He's smart

It was maybe a month in when I saw him getting cornered by three guys in the cafeteria. The guards saw everything but did nothing. The only reason I stepped in was because of my heart. I grabbed my tray and slammed it on one of them. They scattered like roaches. I made a name for myself there so I rarely got into fights. By then Ethan clung to me like a little boy.

Sad

But..he grew on me. He made a lot of promises. Kept stating how he would help me with money troubles if I helped him survive prison. And that's what I did. Got him in shape, protected him like a big brother and really helped him cope. I soon started to like him and we got pretty close. But it was not until one day that I really trusted him...

We were in our cell sharing pictures.

I don't really show pictures of my daughter to anyone. But when I showed him a picture of Hazel when she was 17, all the color on his face drained. It was like he's seen a ghost. All the muscles in his face started moving; it was like I was seeing an exorcism. He struggled to stand up and when he did, he tumbled back on the ground. I soon regretted showing him a picture of Hazel. I didn't want to open up this fast to someone I barely knew. I didn't think anyone was special enough to see a picture of my daughter. Except for Alex of course.