Chapter 41-The Truth

*Hazel's POV*

I stayed in the lobby of the hospital waiting for some news. To my surprise even Luna behaved. We were there for maybe thirty minutes before Bobby soon joined us. Seeing her made all the anger I had towards her go away. I really needed a friend right now. I didn't want to think about Ethan..or anyone else. I just needed to make sure my dad was okay.

I didn't want to lose my dad.

"Any news?" Bobby asked as she joined us. I gave her a small hug and Luna soon joined me. The last thing I wanted was to make Bobby feel uncomfortable when she was really to comfort me. I didn't hear anything from Shawn, or Noah. Heck I don't even know where they went. But I was too in shock to think about it. I just couldn't believe my dad actually made me believe he was disabled.

He did it..to be around me.

The thought made me catch a hard lump in my throat. If he never pretended he was disabled, I honestly don't think I would have spoke to him. I wanted to kick myself for being so cruel.

I missed him

So much

"I'm sure everything is going to be okay" Bobby said rubbing my back when I didn't answer her first question. I slowly looked over at Luna. She was hugging her knees saying a silent prayer.

My dad was going to make it. When I overheard that he got shot I just couldn't believe it. Even if he did he would overcome it. My dad could overcome anything. He is strong. Very strong. So he will make it. I just know it.

Minutes turned to hours and no doctor or nurse told us anything. I was slightly panicking. Bobby still had her arms around me. Itching to change the subject I finally asked how long she was. I mean her pregnant belly was getting bigger each time I stared at it. When I heard nothing I stared up at her and she was totally staring into space.

"You okay?" I asked

It took a few seconds but she finally responded with a shake of the head. "I pray everyday that I don't lose this one."

I sat up straight and grabbed her hand "you will have this one. Don't worry" I said remembering about all the miscarriages and the still births she told me she suffered. Doctors told her she could not have babies, but she still wanted to try. But it never ended right. My heart broke for her. Even when I witnessed her lips quiver. "My baby is going to make it, and so will your father." She said giving me a small smile.

I returned it and whispered "whose the dad?"

Her smile turned upside down and she slowly turned away from me to the point I couldn't even see her face. Just hair all over my face. I turned her head to face me and whispered "what? What's wrong?"

"I just don't want to talk about it...

"Why not?"

"Because...he doesn't want me" she said whispering her last statement

Speechless I let her go. Now that I think of it, I have no idea who Bobby's boyfriend might have been. She was always secretive. But her telling me this did not make me feel good. "well....he's really missing out...is he going to be in the child's life?"

She shrugged and started playing with her hair. I made her stop and gave her a serious look "fuck him alright. I can tell you really loved him. And it's his loss you know why?"

"Why?"

"He lost someone that really loved him. He lost a really good female. And you're going to be a damn good mom with or without him"

I thought maybe my words would make things a little better but she just gave me a look of doubt. I pulled away from her and slowly asked "what's his name?"