Chapter 36-another chance

*Hannah's POV*

Four months later

Words can't describe how I'm feeling. Every time I think of my dad I just want to burst into tears. I had no one. No one to love me or care for me but Noah. And to think....the case went cold. They couldn't find who did it, a lot of people were questioned but it lead to no where. My dad's killer got away with murder and attempted murder. I heard Mark was handicapped after the incident. I was afraid to go and see him, any reminder that reminded me of my dad would break me.

Break me to the core.

So I needed time to be away from everything

But

I do desperately wanted to tell Noah who Mark was to him. My dad made me promise not to tell him until the time was right. But staring at Noah I felt nothing but selfishness. He dropped out of college for the semester for me. He left his home and rented an apartment for me. He's been taking care of me. And what have I been doing in return? Crying, crying, and more crying.

The only thing that made me slightly happy was that I was carrying his child. I wasn't so sure that I was pregnant, but a woman knows her body. After only a month I've been getting symptoms and a pregnancy test confirmed it. His reaction wasn't what I expected. It was more of disbelief and denial. But he was supportive. He promised me he wouldn't leave and call me gullible but I believed him.

I watch him pack a few of his things and mine; shoving them in the suitcase without folding them. I lay on the couch and slowly rubbed my stomach. It was still really small, but he loved to touch it whenever he got a chance. He planned to take me back to his moms house to tell her everything.

He also wanted to take matters in his own hands. Bring down the killer who we both think it might be Ethan.

the last person Mark talked to was Ethan. They left the house angry and suddenly my dad ended up
Dead and Mark handicapped? But yet...Ethan wasn't caught? If this is true, then Noah has a twisted father. Very twisted.

But I trusted Noah.

With my life

So I trust his judgement.

I try and help him pack but he told me to sit back down. He didn't want me to hurt the baby. He wasn't a father yet but here he is already worried about the baby. It was sweet.

I had to admit thought, watching him pack was pretty sexy. His curls sprang in his face every time he squatted down, his muscles and leg muscles flexing when he bent down, I could practically see his abs poking out his shirt. Who would have thought he would be this hot growing up. I felt so lucky.

My dad would have loved me to marry Noah

I sighed and tried not to think about my dad. I lift my hand up and accidentally touch the necklace he bought me when I was only 5. It was an angel necklace. He gave it to me before he was sent to prison for protecting me. I remember that day like yesterday. I had a father to protect me and love me unconditionally and now..he's just gone.

"Don't cry" I heard Noah whisper

I felt little droplets of tears stream down my face. I bit my lip hard and tried to change the subject. If I cried now it would be hard for me to stay awake. I was already drowsy.

Noah walked over to me and lifted me up before giving me a comforting hug. I loved his hugs. So soft and comforting. He pulled away and smiled. I couldn't help but ask "do you see me in your future?"

He frowned but slowly hid it with another smile "of course I do" he was quick to change the subject and asked if I needed him to pack anything else. I shook my head before asking "would you ever marry me?"