Chapter 39- Shattered

*Noah's POV*

the past few days were very awkward. Bobby has been avoiding Hannah and I as much as possible. I tried many time to get to her but I got slapped with no responses from her. She has been ignoring me. I was waiting for a chance to talk to her alone without any interruptions, so when Shawn took Luna to my moms house, I knew it was my chance.

While Hannah slept near the monitors, I joined Bobby in the kitchen. She was making herself some fish salad. I awkwardly stood next to her just watching. She obviously saw me but didn't say anything. I cleared my throat and whispered a hello.

But nothing.

I started complimenting her. But still nothing. I don't know why girls do this. She really had no reason to be upset with me. I've been pursuing her since I was eleven. She told me to wait until I was 18; and I did just that. She didn't really want me until she saw Hannah. I wasn't at fault here and I wanted to let her know that.

So I reached for her stomach and like I expected she jumped a few inches from my hand. "What are you doing?"

I couldn't help but show a small smile "what? I can't touch? Aren't you carrying my baby?" I said attempting to touch her again but she swatted my hand like a fly. "Leave me alone Noah, I'm really not in the mood"

"It's been days now, why are you going to continue ignoring me when you have no right to be upset?"

she didn't respond. Instead she stared walking back to the living room. I tried to get ahold of her hand but she pulled away. A little too aggressively. "What is the matter with you Bobby? What did I possibly do to make you act-

"you got another bitch pregnant! What the hell do you mean Noah!-

I tried to calm her down because Hannah was sleeping but it only made her yell louder. "You promised me you would never hurt me! You promised! You knew I had trust issues ever since Randy cheated on me! And yet..you go behind my back and....and sleep with a younger girl. You know that was my biggest insecurity"

I frowned "how many times did I ask you to marry me? How many times did I ask you to be my girlfriend? I tried to get you for over four years, this is the most emotion you ever showed me, and it's only because you saw Hannah. If she was never in the picture I doubt you would want me...I don't understand you. I didn't cheat on you, I just was tired of you treating me the way you do-

"I don't treat you any kind of way"

"I mean you compared me to my father...

"Do you blame me? Look what Ethan did to Hazel? How is that different from what you're doing? You're just like him, it's a matter of time before you start getting physical and potentially beat Hannah or something, so you know what? I don't care. If you ask me, I dodged a bullet" 

When she first compared me to my father, I brushed it off. But for her to go this far and actually think I'd beat Hannah was a deal breaker. I would never ever lay a finger on another female. Bobby knew what Ethan did..she knew what I went through. She saw all the hurt and pain from all the stories I told her..and the fact that she just used it against me made me regret even opening up to her. She made me realize how evil humans can really be. Looking into her eyes I could  see the regret but it was too late.

I shoved my clenched fists in my pocket and said "thank you. Well if your mission was to make me upset, then congrats"

A few days ago we all heard Ethan beat my mother at the restaurant. She saw how I broke down...

Having your own father beat your mother is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I don't think I could ever forgive her.

"Noah..." she started