Chapter 37- 2 pregnancies

*Hannah's POV*

Noah has been passed out for nearly ten minutes. Shawn was the one that picked him off the hard ground and placed him on his big couch. He went to get some water while he left me with Bobby and Luna.

Bobby was fanning Noah with her hand as Luna poked the passed out Noah. "This isn't working" she said to us. "Maybe he's dead"

I didn't know if she was playing or not but I did feel awkward. I didn't know any of these people but here I was in a strangers home. I mean I kinda knew Shawn but not really. The only time he really gave me attention was ten years ago when I ruined his restaurant. I believe that's the only memory I have of him. After he broke the news about my father he's been trying to reach out to me but I was ignoring everyone but Noah. I didn't want anyone feeling bad for me.

It would make me feel worse

"Let's hit him" Luna joked

"No, just go get a wet towel" Bobby instructed Luna

The little girl nodded and raced to where her dad was. She grabbed the smallest rag and started soaking it with some water while I decided to sit right next to Noah. I caught Bobby giving me a few looks here and there but I paid no attention to them. My only concern was her belly. "How far are you?" I asked

Without looking up she said  "What makes you think I'm pregnant?" She hissed

Embarrassed I shrank back before awkwardly whispering "oh so I assume you're just fat then"

But she didn't hear me. I'm glad she didn't because I don't think she would have took that comment lightly. There was an awkward silence that grew before she finally said "five months.."

My eye twitched. I cleared my throat and realized I didn't even introduce myself to her. The last time we really interacted was when I threw a pie on her face ten years ago. I doubt she would ever forget that. So I finally told her who I was and she responded with a grunt "I know who you are" she said now placing a pillow under Noah's head as if she was his mom or something. I attempted to fluff the pillow but she reacted by saying "I got it"

"Oh I was just trying to help"

"Noah and I don't need your help." She hissed

I squinted my eyes at her. Why was she acting so cold to me? Oh that's right...she's jealous. Pshh. I'd be jealous too if I was an old hag trying to worship a good looking young man like Noah. She probably wants me out of here, she probably hates me for all I know; she has no reason to. She needs to look for someone her age to pursue instead of Noah.

"Why did you decide to have a baby at this age? Aren't you pushing 50? Maybe 60?"

her eyes shot up at me "excuse me?"

I gave her an innocent look "oh did I get it wrong? Maybe 70..I don't know. Did you freeze your eggs? Or?"

"I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not but it's rude. I am only 38..

I shrugged "if I was your age I'd have a family by now, but whatever"

She visually gritted her teeth at me. Like a bulldog. I think I even heard her growl but I didn't feel intimidated. No woman could ever scare me. I've gone through so much in my life to be scared of anyone.

"I actually do have a family. I wouldn't say the same about you"

Her comment hit me like a flying soccer ball. I would have normally leaped over the couch and pulled her hair off from her scalp. How dare she say that knowing what I've been through! How dare she!