Chapter 19-Final Straw

*Noah's POV*

Shawn had a distinctive smell to him. Even though he was a guy, he smelled like he lived at the bath and body works store. I couldn't get the sweet pea smell from my nose because of how close he held me. It was like he was afraid to drop me. Yes I was beat. But that didn't mean I was paralyzed. I was still functioning well. In fact, my bruises were already disappearing and I felt a little better. I believe I was feeling better because of how comforting his voice sounded. I finally felt some courage that something good might come up. I finally told him about dad and what he's been doing. And I had no regrets.

"Am I hurting you?" He whispered

I shook my head and held on to his neck to keep from slipping. I didn't want to let go. His arms felt comforting. And I didn't want to let go.

He used his foot to open the front door. Zoe was still standing outside. Her hands were crossed as her back was to us. I don't know what she was doing, but as soon as Shawn and I came out, she turned to face us. She didn't give me eye contact. All she did was stare at her husband in curiosity. "Where are you going?"

Shawn didn't respond. He just walked past her and slowly walked down the steps still holding me very tightly. "Shawn where are you going?" She repeated

But still no answer

This situation got very awkward and uncomfortable so fast. I just wanted to hurry up and get inside the car. I think Shawn could feel how tense I got because he quickened his pace and finally placed me to my feet once we got to his vehicle. Zoe started running to us and Shawn reacted by shoving me to the back of the car and shutting the door. I made sure to lock the doors just in case.

Once Zoe got to him, she shoved him with both her hands. It didn't do any damage to him. He just stood there and told her to back up but she would not back down "I'm calling the police!" She said

"Why? I am the police!"

"You're a weak ass police officer Shawn! This is not your business! The professionals will handle it, so just stay out of it" she said already pulling out her cell phone. I wasn't Shawn but even I felt hurt at her words.

Shawn tried to grab for the phone but she held it behind her and screamed at him some more "you're going to get yourself in bullshit you don't want to be in Shawn! Like I said you have no business going over there, you're not even suppose to work today! Just call the police and hand them over the boy and THEY can handle it"

I only saw Shawn's back so I couldn't tell if he was angry or just didn't care. But as I saw his fists clench tightly I had to scoot away from the window.

I really wish my mom was here to handle Zoe. She was acting like a selfish asshole right now. And I knew why. She didn't want her dear husband to be at Ethan's place. She didn't want her secret to somehow be exposed. She has some nerve.

"I don't care if I'm off duty. As long as I have my badge that means I have the right to protect people, so get the hell out of my way!" Shawn said

"You honestly think you can help Noah? Come back to reality! Most cases of abuse it's usually the females fault. She will always run back to her abusive husband Shawn! Just leave it alone!"

I felt like someone just grabbed a cow bell and dropped it inside my belly because my stomach started turning really REALLY bad. She had no shame! And she's still blaming my mother.

I grabbed for the handle and successfully opened it. but Shawn saw this and quickly and shut it with his butt. He slowly pointed his pointer finger at Zoe. And she started laughing "oh what? Are you mad because I'm telling the truth? You couldn't save Elliot so what makes you think you can save Noah? He's not your son Shawn, no matter how much he looks like Elliot! He will never be your son! You killed our son..so what gives you the right to save someone else's kid huh?"