Hillwood Girls

Sarah's preparation for her project led her to a rocky start, but luckily, she had help from Arnold. Eventually, she came up with a topic. It was top secret, though, so she couldn't reveal what she was working on. 

October drew to a close and sure enough, November had already arrived. Sarah didn't go out trick or treating because she hated the idea of being out in the streets at night. So, instead, she made treats for her friends and the boarding house. However, her brownies caused a lot of competition with the residents. She had never seen people fight over food before. In the end, she had to work out some alternatives to die down the feud. She baked cupcakes, bread and biscuits. But, all attempts failed. Sarah had to admit to defeat. 

"At least your baking is popular", Arnold told Sarah. 

"You always look on the bright side, Arnold", Sarah replied with a smile.

"Well", Arnold confessed, "somebody has too".

At school, everything was operating as usual. Sarah felt safe with her friends and teachers. No bullies dared to pick on her (yet). But the one thing that Sarah felt distraught about was not finding a club for her participate in. Since she didn't make it into the school scorer team, Sarah had nothing else to do. 

Freya was in the team, so Sarah hardly had time to see her. Clare was busy herself; she had taken up music lessons. She told Sarah that she always wanted to play the guitar. Electric, not Bass. 

Sarah was gutted, but there was nothing she could do. 

One day after school, Gerald invited Sarah to Tina Park with Phoebe. It was Thursday and normally, it was her quiet day. However, Arnold noticed that she feeling stressed from working. So, he decided it would be a good idea to give her break. Sarah agreed. She would be with the pair of them but Sarah didn't mind; she liked hanging out with Gerald and Phoebe.   

Gerald caught up with the girls as they were sitting down on the grass. Gerald had rush to get his ball, so Sarah could play with them. The girls were discussing about Thanksgiving Day; Sarah learnt about the holiday during learning support. She never celebrated Thanksgiving in England. She never heard about it either. 

"I don't know why America has Thanksgiving Day when the Pilgrims were British. It doesn't make sense".

"It's true, Sarah", Phoebe replied, "the Pilgrims were from England but since America was their new world, they --" Phoebe was interrupted by Gerald's unexpected kiss. His lips dived onto her cheek before pulled himself away from her. 

Sarah reacted in disgust. "Yuck!"

Gerald laughed. "It may happen to you too one day. Those boys will be hunting you down like a pack of wolves". 

"Hopefully, that won't be for a long time", Sarah replied. 

"Don't bet on it. Here, on ya' head!"

Gerald threw the ball and Sarah took a header before the pair chased each other. They were ducking and diving to get the ball into the goal that was near Phoebe. Phoebe scammed out of the way, so she could avoid being hit. 

It was very close for Gerald, but Sarah managed to score not once, not twice but five times. 

"Are you sure you are not cheating?" Gerald asked Sarah.

"A girl never cheats, unless she's cheats with make up", she laughed in return. 

After scoring a sixth goal, Sarah caught a figure in the distance and it came up toward them. Sarah never saw it before, but was shocked to discover that it was a woman. Slim and tall, the woman had long blonde hair with a pink hairband on top. She was dressed in a bright pink tracksuit and had a purple scarf, wrapped around her neck.