Anthony Smith

"Hey, Sarah! Earth to Sarah!"

Sarah snapped out of her trance when she saw Gerald's hand waving in front of her. It spooked her a little; she didn't expect him to do that.

"Gerald!" she cried.

"We thought you were a goner. The way you looked at that boy? Damn! Never have we expected for a girl to drool whilst staring at a guy".

Sarah then felt a small waterfall of spit on her chin. Luckily it didn't land on her clothes.

"Talk about embarrassing", Helga added.

In one quick move, Sarah quickly brushed the spit off with her sleeve. Her cheeks were bright red, so to cover herself, Sarah decided to hide her face with her hands.

"Knock it off, you guys", Arnold said, defending his new friend. "She couldn't help it".

"Well, what are waiting for?" Phoebe asked, changing the subject. "Let's teach Sarah soccer!"

With her face still buried in her hands, Sarah could hear the sound of screaming and running. She didn't finch or move a muscle; Sarah was as still as a statue. It must have humiliating to have people witnessing you drool in a public place. If that wasn't embarrassing enough, Sarah thought, I don't what it'll be.

But, a gentle touch from a pair of hands (placing themselves on top of Sarah's) pulled the other hands away from her face.

"Don't worry, I've had more embarrassing situations than this", Arnold said, with a smile on his face.

"I'm not sure - I've had worse".

"Oh, really?" Arnold teased. "Try me".

"Wearing teddy bear or princess night clothes on a Saturday morning when your house was on fire? And your classmates would see you whilst drinking coke?"

"Try wearing teddy bear PJ's in the morning in front of your friends after having a nightmare at home".

"Being witnessed to having a bully dragging you into the Ladies and dunking your head down the toilets?"

"Having a group of bullies dragging you and your friend into the restroom to have a swirly. So they could have a picture taken on their camera. Until your friend scarifies himself to save you".

"You call toilets restrooms?"

"Sure do".

"How unusual. I thought a restroom was a place to relax".

Arnold laughed out loud. "What words did they teach you in England?"

"Well, I can ask the same thing about America. Our languages are quite Alien, don't you think?"

Arnold nodded his head. "I can tell we have a lot to learn. So, go on. What's your other embarrassing moment?"

"Bumping into a classmate who always scowls at you for no reason?"

"Yes, but try ending up with that person".

Sarah looked straight at Helga; she instantly realized that Helga was the person who bumped and scowled at Arnold before they became boyfriend and girlfriend. "That explains why Helga is funny about sharing or admitting her love for you".

"Yes, but Helga can be complicated at times".

"Girls are complicated", Sarah confessed. "I can confess because I am a girl and I'm complicated with the Autism, the awkwardness and drooling over handsome boys from Secondary school - I - I - I mean the seventh grade".