Chapter 40

Mateo

I walked around the house more depressed then I ever was. Its been 3 months since Bre's death. I dont know who did it I couldn't see who was in the car.

I try to stay away from the kids as much as I can. But it seems like they stick to me way more now. They are all actually in my room now. They on the bed and I'm sitting in the floor against the bed watching a blank screen.

I always wondered why good people had to die so soon. But I never found or got a solid answer. Or an answer I was actually looking for. I wasn't looking for an specific answer but the answers I heard so far didnt sound right.

I stood up with tears streaming down my face as so many flashbacks came in my head. She was my first love and always will be.

I walked to my closet and grabbed this black box and opened it. I stared at the object for a long time. Then I looked at my kids.

"Daddy are you ok?" Narah asked as she had Nadiah and MyKey in her lap.

"I love you guys so much I hope you know that. When you get older I dont ever want you to use this weapon at all. Me and your mommy loves you no matter what and always will." I said smiling and kissing all of their foreheads.

"We love you too daddy and mommy as well." Narah and MyKey said as Nadiah smiled. I smiled.

Then I frowned. I took the gun in my hand off safety and put it up to my head. Tears streamed down my face as my kids looked at me confused.

"I love you." Then I pulled the triggered and the last thing I heard was the kids screams.

Ayo

I pulled up to Mateo's house and I heard a gunshot. I was hoping it was nothing but still rushed in. I heard the kids crying very loud.

I ran upstairs to see the kids crying on the bed and something I never wanted to see.

Mateo's body with a gun in his hand and blood spilling out of head. I lost it.

"Mateo you fucking idiot, why would you do this to yourself, to your kids. I knew it hurt and you could've talked to me little bro I was here for you and now n-now y-you- FUCK!" I cried holding his dead body.

"Baby is everything o- oh my gosh." I heard Keke said then heard her on the phone.

"Come here kids come on." She said. We've all been through a lot with Bre's death especially my mom besides Mateo. But now that Mateo's dead as well she's going to go crazy.

Everyone watched as the fire fighters put Mateo's body in a body bag and then on the stretcher. When my mom got here she didnt make a sound. She just stared off to space.

"He's really gone, first Bre and now him." I mumbled crying. I broke down. Keke held me as she cried with me. "Why? Why my baby bro, first my baby sis then my baby bro like what hell." I sobbed in Keke's chest.

"He's in a better place now no matter what, he will always be with us." I heard Key say behind us.

"Uncle Leloo is daddy going to sleep forever like mommy?" Narah asked. Her asking that question broke my heart.

"I'm sorry baby, but sadly daddy have to sleep forever just like mommy. You and your siblings are gonna stay with me and Keke for now on ok baby." I said and she nodded sniffing.

"Its ok baby its ok." Keke said kissing her forehead.

1 hour later

We all sat in their house the couple we all loved. we sat in their living room just talking.

"They both lived a crazy ass life." Jaz said wiping her tears.

"Never forget the day Mateo confessed his feelings to Bre." Key said.

"They were both 9 and he kissed her on her birthday and said he loved her. She didnt know what to do." Kyren said chuckling a bit.

"The days when we were young were the best." Key said. some of us nodded agreeing.

"I love all of you like your my real family. No matter what ya are apart of me and my life and I don't regret meeting any of you. Without Bre I probably would've still been in foster care. So I love you all within the bottom of my heart." Mel said crying.

"We love you to Mel no matter what." We all said and cried a bit. I hope the kids dont go through as much as pain Bre went through especially while there young. I hope they grow up to be wise and smart and to know better from right and wrong.

Who would've known I would've been taking care of my brothers kids before I even had any of my own.

In Loving Memory
Mateo Bowles
Loving Father, Brother, and friend
Gone But Never forgotten
Fly High Baby Boy
1999-2028

In Loving Memory
Breasha Sandras
Loving Mother, Daughter,and Friend
Gone But Never Forgotten
Fly High Baby Girl
2000-2028

The End

For Now At least