Chapter Seventeen

Half an hour later he finally came back as Liam, Niall, Zayn, Anne, dad and me sat together on the sofa. He bit his lower lip as he sat down next to me.

”Hey, biting the lower lip is my part”, I said jokingly and poked him in the side.

He smiled at me but I felt it was a fake smile. “Sorry, Harold”, he said in his joking voice. Then he rested hi head onto my shoulder.

I narrowed my eyes as he looked away. What had mom told him? I needed to comfort him again, I hated it if he wasn’t himself. So I stood up and his head fell onto Gemma’s lap. “Hey!”, she shouted angrily and jokingly at the same time and helped Louis up again.

“Wanna go for a walk?”, I asked him and reached out my hand.

He grabbed it and I told mom about our plas. “Have fun, boys!”, she shouted and we went to the door to take on our shoes. They all lie on a pile infront of the door. I wanted to lean onto Louis as I put on one shoe so I wouldn’t fall out suddenly he dived away under my arm.

“Lou---!!”, I shouted but it was already to late. My head hit the ground and I could feel blood rushing up there. For a second it hurted more than anything I had ever felt but the next second the pain was gone again. I looked around, finding myself in the middle of the shoes again.

“Harry!”, Louis shouted and covered his mouth with his hands.

I stood up what turned out as a bad idea. I was totally dizzy. Maybe a little concussion but not to bad. I touched my head to fix my curls as my fingers touched something warm and sticky. I looked at my hand and my jaw dropped to the ground. On the tops of my finger was blood.

“Harry...”, Louis whispered.

I looked at him and didn’t know what to do. He was crying but he wasn’t sobbing. Good. Mom shouldn’t know about this, she would be only too worried. “It’s okay, Lou. A plaster and I’m fixed again”, I said and smiled but somehow this simple smile costed a lot of effort.

“It’s not”, he managed to say with his croaking voice. He pointed to the floor.

The, usually, white flagstone had red patches and it looked like a beautiful pattern. But it was much too much blood. What had happened? I only felt to the ground.

I looked at Lou again. “Get something to clean that, please, but don’t tell my mom, Gemma, dad or one of the boys, okay?”

He nodded and went away. I went in another direction. Another direction, hehe. I was so funny, seriously. Not the sarcasm?

Okay, I was pissed but not at Louis! At myself! I wanted to comfort him and what did I do? I just made it even worse with hitting my head. I looked at my fingers again. The blood was already dry.

Less than five minutes later Louis came back. Finally I saw how pale and exhausted he was. He really cared about me. “Did mom find out?”, I asked worried.

He shook his head and his messy hair flew around in the cold wind. “No, I told Zayn we would stay out longer because we had to talk about much things.” He also had a car key in his hand but he was so upset. I didn’t want him to drive. So I reached out for the key, but Louis patted my hand.

“No way! You won’t drive that car now!”

I shook my head, regretting it instantly. I felt even more dizzy. I wondered when my head would start hurting because he did not at all. “Look at you, Louis, you are too upset. I’m perfectly fine”, I lied.

He shook his head again. “No, Harry. Now, get in that car.”

I sighed, gave in and crawled onto the co-driver’s seat of Liam’s car. Now I was glad that Louis drove because as soon as I sat I felt so tired. I wanted to close my eyes and just take a nap before we were at the hospital but I knew I weren’t allowed to. First of all: Maybe I couldn’t wake up when we were at the hospital. Second: I would upset Louis even more. “Can we put on that radio?”, I asked. “And talk to me, please.”