Chapter Twenty-Six

Eleanor’s POV

Why did I always have to fall for boys I could never have?

It has always been like this. In sixth grade there was James, a boy from my class. The day I knew I liked him my best friend told me to tell him. It took me seven months (and the summer holidays) to finally find the courage to tell him. He said he had to think about it and two days later he was dating Emily MacDonald, the new girl who had moved here from Scotland.

In nineth grade I dared myself to fall in love again. He was… this kind of boy who never started a relationship without being sure about his feelings and he had had only one girlfriend so far. And they had been together for four years and almost three months. I had asked him about her because I wanted to become good friends with him so he could develope feelings for me.

After we’ve been friends for almost two years a “friend” of mine told him I was desperatly in love with him. He had said he didn’t mind and we could stay friends but it was awkward between the two of us so we stopped talking to each other.

And then I met Harry and Caroline. They were both pretty nice and I was a huge fan of One Direction. I knew, I wasn’t allowed to fall in love with him because: first, he was in the worldfamous boyband One Direction and second he had a girlfriend.

He asked me if I wanted to meet his best friend, Louis Tomlinson and I agreed.

The same day he aranged a “date” and I went to a restaurant with Louis. He was a true gentleman and he paid, everytime my glass was empty he called for the waiter again. He kept on smiling at me and made compliments about my outfit and my hair, my face and my character although he hardly knew me. I was fascinated by him because he was different to the boys I’ve ever met before.

Louis had texted when to get him – to proove he was good boy who wasn’t only thinking about sex – and we went out to meet Harry. But he wasn’t here yet. So he leant in and gave me a kiss.

I was pretty shocked but I was already a bit in love with him. He was so naturally, so real, that people just had to love him. For me he seemed to be the One.

Three weeks later he gave me the shock of my life. I had been ready to do it with him and he told me he was gay. Why couldn’t he tell me earlier?

Because he didn’t know earlier.

I sighed. Why did I always fall for the wrong guys?

Maybe I hadn’t fallen for Harry now if he hadn’t said I love you when he talked to me on the phone on the day of Danielle’s accident. I said the same to him. I hadn’t felt weird about saying it and that was what confused me so much. Then I met Louis and it hurted. It hurted so much to know Louis didn’t love me and I just couldn’t stay in the same room as him. I left and after some time Harry sat down next to me.

I didn’t want to talk to him so I told him to leave me alone.

“Eleanor?”, he asked surprising.

Now I was surprised, too. It was none of his intentions to meet me out here. I told him about my feelings and I realized that Harry didn’t even know Louis loved him. Because he loved Louis, too.

Later that day Liam told me Harry had an accident and was in danger. Real danger, he could die. I realized that it tore me apart. A life without Harry? Impossible.

I went to see Harry and I was more than shocked. His head was full of blood and you could see it all because it was on the bald side of his head. The doctors pushed me out pof there way, Harry needed a second emergency surgery.

I gulped and saw Zayn standing next to me. I couldn’t help but hug him. He wrapped his arms around me and together we cried about Harry. We both needed him to stay alive.