Chapter Twenty-Three

I opened the photo book and smiled. Harry.

I couldn’t believe he still was unconscious and again I was somewhere else. Liam and Niall were cuddling on this one seat while Zayn was skyping with Amelia. The two of them were really cute together and he was kind of jealous. Not about Amelia or Zayn… about the two of them. They were so lucky.

And me, I sat here all alone with him on my mind.

I just couldn’t get rid off him, it drove me insane. I kept on dreaming he’d call me to tell me he was awake. Or take a private flight with no-one knowing about it.

I sighed even deeper as Niall looked at hisfinger in adoration. It hurted so badly – to know the two of them got on so well while Harry was still in coma. And it got worse, day by day.

God, I missed him so bad.

I looked at the photos again and touched Harry’s forehead on it. I found myself in a daydream, he sitting next to me and smiling at the photos. I also felt his arm wrapping around my waist to pull me closer to him. He planted a kiss onto my temple and I shivered.

I ran my sleeve across my eyes but it was too late. I already was crying.

“Sorry, good bye”, Zayn said suddenly, kissed the camera and turned off his laptop. He jumped out of his seat to sit next to me. He wrapped his arms around me to hug me. “I can only imagine how it must feel for you”, he whispered and I shivered. “We were… none of, except for you… that close too Harry. We are his best friends but you are more to him.”

I looked at him confused. “You know?”

Zayn laughed slightly. “You have to be blind not to see how you look at each other. And I knew it from the very beginning. Eleanor told me you were gay.”

I blinked a few times. “She did what?!”

He laughed slightly again. “I knew you were into Harry. You wouldn’t have been around him like that if you liked another dude.”

“You’re becoming australian”, I joked. “I’ve nevr heard you saying ‘dud’ before.”

“Better get used to it”, he winked and stood up. “Because when we’re in Aussie I’m gonna be the most australian Brit the world has ever seen.”

I laughed and looked at the photo once again as he took his place again.

Harry smiled, one of his arms put around my shoulder. I sighed and breathed out shakily. I really missed him. It’s been a year now. A year without his laugh. A year without those green eyes. A year without his smile, his jokes, his touch, his… everything. And I missed it all so much. Although the docs said he would wake up soon my hope faded day by day. I was afraid that I could never tell him about my feelings. I knew that all the guys knew now… Well, except for him. And he was the most important.

I flipped the page to find a very old picture. It was the first picture of One Direction ever taken. Us, sitting on stairs out of stone, with our auditiion-numbers on our shirts. I touched Harry first. Then myself. So many things had changed between us.

And still I remembered the day we first met on the toilet.

“Finally back”, I sighed and threw my luggage through the door. Fast I grabbed my car keys and drove the the Queen Elizabth Hospital in London. I hadn’t seen Harry for… what, four months now? I needed to see him even though I knew he still was in coma.

I got Liam and Niall at their new house, a bit outside from London but I had promised them to take them with me. Liam was desperate to see Danielle although she was in still coma, too. This boy had nerves… One year and almost a half ago he and Niall broke up because of Danielle. But, somehow, they made up and now they were married. The wedding was the most adorable thing I’d ever seen. Both in their smokings and so… pretty. They had never been more beautiful. But not because of their make-up, they didn’t even wear anything. Just because they were so happy. And especially Niall because Liam had agreed to marry in Ireland.