Chapter 18

- "Do you have a name or can I call you mine?"

Sana blinked in confusion. Wait, did this stranger just use a pick-up line on her?

- "Mingyu, cut the crap." - Jungkook scowled. - "She isn't interested."

- "Aww, don't be such a killjoy!" - The handsome one named Mingyu winked at Sana playfully. - "Hit me up when you wanna have a great time."

Jungkook resisted the urge to strangle him. Although he knew Mingyu was a natural flirt, seeing the guy try to pull his moves on Sana was annoying as hell. Thankfully, someone pushed Mingyu aside before he could irritate Jungkook any further.

- "Don't mind him." - A boy cheerfully faced Sana. - "Hi, I'm Baekhyun. What's your name?"

- "Minaki Sana, at your service." - She bowed politely. - "I'd be in charge of cooking and cleaning during your stay."

- "Aww, no need to be so formal. We're probably about the same age." - A pretty blonde with short hair laughed. - "The name is Jeongyeon by the way. And this guy over here is my boyfriend, Namjoon."

Namjoon nodded his acknowledgement. Both Jeongyeon and her boyfriend was tall and had model-like body proportions.

- "I'm Dahyun." - A lovely girl with porcelain skin greeted Sana brightly. - "I'm Baekhyun's sister and Taehyung's cousin."

- "My name is Eunwoo." - The male who looked like he was straight out of a shoujo manga smiled. - "I'm Dahyun's classmate. Nice to meet you."

With everyone took turn introducing themselves to Sana, it seemed like they all welcomed her with open arms.

Well, almost all of them.

- "Yeri." - The last person in their group curtly introduced herself. She looked cute, but disdain was written all over her face at the sight of the newcomer.

- "Alright kids! Time to divide the rooms." - Jeongyeon clapped her hand to get others' attention. - "Since we have another girl with us, Sana and I can room together. The others can stay the same: Yeri and Dahyun, Mingyu and Baekhyun, Eunwoo and Taehyung, Namjoon and Jungkook."

Everyone agreed on the arrangement. Afterwards, they decided to go back to their own room to unpack and meet up at the beach in an hour.

———

- "Hey. Why are you still here?"

Sana turned to see Taehyung with his ever-so-charming smile, standing there in nothing but his swim shorts. She instantly averted her gaze elsewhere, silently hoping he wouldn't see the faint blush dusting her face.

- "I'm making lunch."

- "I'm sure they wouldn't mind ordering out on the first day." - He assured. - "You should join us."

- "It's fine, cooking is part of my duty. Thank you for the invite though."

Sana excused herself and went to the kitchen. She checked the shelves. There were basic seasoning such as sugar, salt and pepper - nothing fancy but it'd do for now. Too bad, the fridge was completely empty so Sana figured she'd have to go shop for groceries. After making a mental note of what needed to be bought, Sana took her bag and headed to the door.

- "Going somewhere?" - Taehyung asked when he saw Sana on her way out.

- "Yes. I'm getting ingredients for today's menu."

- "I'll go with you."

- "I can manage on my own." - Sana politely declined. - "You should hang out with the others. They're probably waiting for you at the beach."

- "They can have fun without me." - He shrugged. - "Anyway, have you ever been here before?"

Sana shook her head.

- "Allow me to show you the ways then. Rather than risk getting lost on the first day, it'd be easier to have a reliable guide helping you with the roads right?" - He grinned. - "Besides, I can recommend dishes that would suit everyone's taste. I'll also tell you what to avoid. Some of us have horrible allergy reactions."

Well, Taehyung made a good point there. And he definitely seemed to be friendlier than before but she supposed it was understandable given the circumstances of their first meeting.

Thus, Sana eventually took Taehyung up on his offer, albeit reluctantly.

———

- "Why isn't Tae here? We lost the first 3 matches already!" - Mingyu whined. - "All because of this shortie."

- "YA!" - Baekhyun glared at the taller male. - "Who are you calling shortie you mutated bean pole?"

- "Who else?" - Mingyu smirked. - "Or would you prefer being called Mr Tiny Mushroom?"

- "KIM MINGYU YOU'RE SOOOO DEAD!!!"

Paying no mind to the foolish duo brawling in the background, Jungkook sat down on a nearby beach chair and looked around. Just as Mingyu said, he wondered why it had been more than an hour since the time they were supposed to meet yet there was no sight of Taehyung. Perhaps he overslept. In that case, was he still at the house?

It crossed Jungkook's mind that Sana was back there as well. From her reaction in the dining room the other day, it seemed like she was wary of Taehyung. Could it be... Did something happen when she went to the castle? What if they were to run into each other when no one else were around? The usual Taehyung might be good at playing nice but people should know better than to take him lightly. He could be such a handful at times.

- "Where are you going?" - Yeri asked when she saw Jungkook stood up from his seat.

- "I'm just gonna call Taehyung."

It wasn't like he was bothered by the thought of Sana being alone with Taehyung or anything. Only because their volleyball match was boring due to the huge gap in skill between the two teams.

- "Can I go with you?"

Jungkook left without reply, knowing Yeri was going to follow him regardless of his answer.

They went back to the house and knocked on Taehyung's door.

- "There's no response." - Yeri sighed. She tried to dial his number but couldn't reach him on the phone neither.

- "I'll check the kitchen." - Jungkook went downstair. Sana told him she was going to cook so she should be there. Maybe he could ask her if she had seen Taehyung leaving.

However, Jungkook never got to voice his question out loud because the answer became clear the moment he entered the kitchen.

Deep gaze. Her finger. His lips.

What.The.F*ck.Is.Going.On?

———
A/N: Votes and comments are always greatly appreciated! Also, can you tell what did Jungkook see in the kitchen? ~