Chapter 12

*Important Note: I made some changes to the (flashback) beginning of chapter 11 & the cast (again). Please check the previous announcement for the most recent cast update before reading this chapter to avoid confusions.

-------

- "You'll work here, starting from tomorrow."

- "Pardon?" - Sana arched an eyebrow. - "I didn't remember applying for any job."

- "It's master Jungkook's order." - Jaehyun gave her a comforting smile. - "Don't worry, your service will be paid accordingly."

Sana sighed. Apparently, Jungkook wasn't just fooling around when he offered her a job the other night. Well, now that she thought about it, working here would be a better excuse to stay than simply being another of Jungkook's playmate anyway.

- "Alright."

- "Here is the contract." - Jaehyun handed Sana some neatly arranged papers. - "Please sign and leave your fingerprint at the bottom of the page."

Sana nodded, skimmed through the conditions then did as instructed.

It had been a week since the wedding incident. As Jungkook had to go on an important trip right afterwards, Sana was able to enjoy some rather peaceful time in the mansion. Remembering her unfinished conversation with the mysterious male in the secret room earlier, Sana sneaked in again at the first chance she got... only to find the cell completely empty. For whatever reason, the guy was no longer there and she failed to obtain any hint about his current whereabouts. Thus, it was back to square one, once again.

On the bright side, her new job as a maid proved to be quite useful since she was able to stay and gather information without raising any suspicion. Though so far, she hadn't founded the things she was looking for.

----
On that particular day, Sana was cleaning the reading room as usual when she noticed the top drawer was not locked, unlike the previous times she checked. Curious, she decided to examine the contents, picking up some old articles and documents lying inside. However, what caught her attention the most was the large bold printed word "Minatozaki" on the title. Looking closer, it was about a tragic incident that happened about 10 years ago, where an unusual huge fire took the lives of more than 100 people. As she flipped the page, Sana's heart skipped a beat upon seeing a familiar face of the very man she missed so dearly.

'Father...'

- "What are you doing here?"

The newspaper dropped from her hand in an instant. She looked up at the source of voice, mouth slightly agape. Standing at the door was certainly someone she didn't expect to see at the moment. His aura screamed extreme authority and power, sending chills down her spine.

'GD!'

- "I...Excuse me, sir. I'm just cleaning." - She tried her best to keep her voice from shaking. After all, this man was the very reason she got into this crazy deal in the first place.

- "Hm, is that so? I don't remember seeing you before." - He observed her carefully. - "...Or did I?"

Sana momentarily froze. Did he recognize something? It couldn't be...

Fortunately for her, the risky silence didn't last long thanks to Jaehyun's appearance. He handed the older male a black folder.

- "Master Kwon, here's the files you requested."

- "Ah, just in time." - He took it then glanced at her again, silently demanding an explanation.

- "Ah, miss Minaki Sana. She is master Jungkook's ...guest. But due to his request, she's now working here as a maid." - The young butler answered. - " I apologize for not informing you earlier."

- "I see. This stubborn kid is still doing it behind my back hmm?" - GD deadpanned. - "Anyhow, since I have some stuffs to do right now, can you come back and clean this place later Ms Minaki?"

- "Yes, of course." - She politely bowed and left swiftly.

After Sana had disappeared from sight, GD signalled Jaehyun over.

- "Do an extensive background check on that girl."

- "Yes sir."

-----

The following afternoon, Sana was asked to go buy some grocery and she readily accepted. It had been quite awhile since she last went outside on her own so the sunlight felt really refreshing on her skin. Since the mansion resided near Seoul's center - the same area she lived in when she first came to Korea, she had no difficulty finding her way around.

On her way to the shop, however, Sana saw a dirty, poor-looking old man on the pavement holding his bleeding legs. Although there were many people passing by, nobody paid him any attention at all. She immediately rushed there, crouched down and assisted him to the nearby bench. Upon seeing his injury, she knew that it was important to attend to it as soon as possible.

- "Please wait here." - Sana hurriedly went to the nearby pharmacy and brought back a first aid kit.

- "Allow me to help you."
Having received the man's nod of approval, Sana proceeded to carefully dress up his wound.

- "Thank you. It's heartwarming to see such kind people like you still exist."- He muttered his gratitude and took out his money pouch. - "I hope this is enough..."

- "Please keep it." - Sana stopped him and offered a warm smile. - "Being of help is a reward itself. Oh, and I think you better get your wound checked more thoroughly at the hospital. I can show you the way if you want."

- "It's alright. Don't worry, my grandson will be here soon." - He politely declined. - "What's your name?"

- "I'm Sana."

- "A lovely name for a lovely young lady." - The old man nodded fondly. - "It's getting dark. You should return home."

Remember that she needed to go to the store before closing time, Sana bowed and bid him goodbye. Little did she know, two tall figures had been watching the whole exchange from afar.

- "Pay up Namjoon. You lost."

-----

A/N: Hello, I'm sorry for the delay. 'Cause I've made lots of change to the original plot, it might take awhile to get things back on track again so please bear with me. ><~

Also, I'd like to thank all of my lovely readers for helping this story reach 700+ votes and 200+ comments! Thanks to your support, I'm much more motivated to continue this story <3