Chapter 16: An angry shadow

Springtrap's P.O.V

"Shouldn't we get going? We've been here for much longer then what we anticipated," said Fredbear. "Yeah, we would if someone wasn't holding us back," responded Bon Bon. "Has anyone even tried talking to him?" asked Funtime Foxy. "I tried looking for him, but he's nowhere. He just vanished," said Funtime Freddy. "Or maybe you haven't checked good enough," added in Fredbear. "Look, if he wants to be left alone, that's understandable, but we can't sit here all day; we're easy targets!" explained Freddy. "So what do we do?" asked Mangle. For the last twenty minutes I believe, everyone has been debating whether they should look for Shadow Freddy or not. He hasn't been seen since he left earlier. Freddy tried looking for him but to no avail. And nobody has decided on looking for him again, or leaving. Personally I wanted to leave, but I didn't want to leave him behind. Shadow had always been there to help us when we needed someone the most, and now was the time to return the favor. "Where did you see him last?" Everyone looked at me, suddenly realizing I even existed. "Why so silent?" asked Freddy. "I've been thinking about this situation," I responded. "We're not leaving until we find Shadow Freddy." "Well if you know where he is, then be my guest," said Bon Bon. "The last time I saw him was in the back room," said Freddy answering my question. "Give me a couple minutes," I said walking off. I walked into where the back room once was. I was getting memories; thoughts, of when I first meet Shadow Freddy. He was the reason why I was able to end one problem, only it wasn't fully resolved. It just made more. "Shadow! Where are you? We need to talk!" I called out. Nothing, just nothing. "Fuck where is he?" I asked myself. I noticed however there was a hole in the wall, one that didn't exist before. I walked over to it and looked through. I could see outside, which was clear as daylight that no doubt we made it. It was wide enough for me to get through, and so I used that opportunity. I got down on the old floor of the place, with the same damn checker pattern. I never understood fully why the company kept that trait. I crawled through the hole and got outside. As I stood up, I saw Shadow Freddy standing inches away, sitting next to a garbage can. I approached him as I stood hovering above him. I did this to make my point, the pointing being why was he out here alone while trying to get his attention. He looked up at me acknowledging my presence, and looking back down, which made me feel like he was seeing me as an ordinary pedestrian in the streets. Though that thought broke when he actually said something. "What do you want?" His response sounded empty, meaningless, and not ordinary. I always felt he was the teacher, the wise one. Every word, breath he spoke had meaning, a point. He said it for a reason, even if it was very vague and out of place, it was important; to Shadow Freddy. He was like someone who could give you good advice, almost like a parent. But now he was none of those, or at least that's what it felt like. I felt he was a completely different person; this wasn't Shadow, the one we know. "You know why I'm here." "I know, and I don't care," he responded. "What's wrong? You're never like this," I responded. "He is," he responded. "You mean RXQ right?" "Who the fuck do you think!" I stood shocked and in surprise; this wasn't him. It wasn't the fact that he cussed, but rather he was getting angry; he never was angry, or at least out of all the times I've been with him. "I'm sorry for that outburst, I should've told you this earlier," he said. "What do you mean?" I asked. He didn't say anything for a moment. Did he not want to explain his concern? "There is a reason why I've been acting without instinct, I'm losing control." "What... do you mean?" I asked confused but concerned at the same time. "I have an anger in me that's controlling me; changing me. Something from the past, that can't leave," explained Shadow Freddy. "I can't explain it; I don't want to. But it's because of RXQ." "Shadow Freddy I can help you," I responded. "That's what I'm here for." Before he had a chance to responded. I was surprised and startled to hear an explosion from the the pizzeria on fire, as we both stared to see the outcome. The place was on fire. "W-What the hell?"