Chapter 39: Broken mentally

Funtime Freddy's P.O.V

Silence. I hated it. It gave me that feeling you felt alone, yet you weren't. Just me sitting against the wall, hearing nothing but the thoughts and remorse of Shadow Freddy repeating over and over. And everyone else did the same. Springtrap hadn't been seen for the past couple hours, and myself in a way. Everyone else... I didn't know what they were doing. Most likely mourning over Shadow as well. And it's been hours, maybe even longer since I've stayed in this exact spot. What was the point of moving, or even moving on? I could've saved him... but I didn't. My thought halted as I looked to the side of the sound of someone entering the room; it was Foxy. I was surprised she actually had the courage to check up on me, considering the situations problematic effect. She didn't say anything as she sat down next to me, and looked at me. "What do you want?" I asked not looking at her. "You know why I'm here; there was nothing we could do," she said. "There was... but I failed at it," I responded. "If RXQ had not seen me, he would still be alive!" "It wasn't your fault, you couldn't have saved him," she said. "I could've! We're not humans! They can't always save everyone from death, but we can!" I said angrily. "You're missing the point, not everyone can save others from death. Sure we may be animatronic and that may make us different from them, but we're not all invincible," she said. "We still have weaknesses, including Shadow. He wasn't a animatronic like us, he was once a human. And you seem to forget that you were designed to be a human." I looked away; she was right. Sure I was machine, but was it full protection against anything that could penetrate through my circuits? Perhaps I was blind to realize that we were no different than the humans. I am one of them. I had emotions, feelings, basic power, just like the humans. That thought was enough to break a tear, as Foxy noticed. She hugged me as I tried to brush off the tear. "It's alright," she said softly attempting to comfort me. "I'm so idiotic to not fear death or any danger. The thought of feeling indestructible gave me that the idea of cheating death. I was never afraid... but now I am," I said sniffling. "You should at least be thankful to have no fear. All those times we faced the danger like RXQ, the nightmares, the twisted ones, and the phantoms, I had to fear on my life to feel safe, but not when you were around. I felt I had a guardian angel by my side at every moment, protecting me from the demons from hell. I could never have the courage to defend myself from creatures like them. You have something else we don't have," said Foxy. "And you have given me something to think about; I have to defend my own self. You can be afraid, but you can't allow it to control you, you have to overcome it and force yourself to be confident in yourself. You can't have someone hold your hand forever, you have to be a loner at times and handle it yourself." "Thanks," I said smiling for what seemed like forever. "Well I do learn a lot from you," she responded. "How are the others?" I asked. "Well they could be better, but they're ok for the moment. It's just a lot for them... for everyone," she responded. "I think I need to talk to someone else," I said getting up. "It'll be a moment." She nodded as I walked out of the room and to the hallway. I was going to attempt on finding Springtrap to talk to him, which was necessary considering he was still missing. The hallway split into two directions; one way was the exit, and another to somewhere else. The door was closed so he was still here. Supposedly. He could've left this place and us, at least the Purple Guy version of him. I went straight as I walked into a room since it was the closest. There was another room near by, but I decided to take a lucky guess and choose this one, and I'm glad the results were rewarding. Springtrap was sitting in a chair which seemed to be a personal office. I approached him to talk to him as he looked at me, actually acknowledging my existence. "Don't even bother telling me his death was your responsibility," he said. "Actually... no," I said. "Fuck! Why didn't I have my powers? I could've prevented his death!" he responded. "I thought that as well, until Foxy made me realize we ain't gods. We're not people that have the power to save everyone, and I was just a pretender. I thought it was my responsibility to protect everyone, but he allowed us to live," I explained. "He did all he could to protect himself, knowing the consequences that would follow after. He knew we didn't need him to continue, he could live on without him. "Then what was the point of him being here?" asked Springtrap. "To ensure we're still functioning today," I responded. "I can't do anything right! I've been trying to fix things! First I become a child killing machine, then I spend the rest of my life in this suit, after I almost harm all of you, and finally I can't save a friend!" he yelled. "ALL I'VE EVER WANTED WAS TO FIX MY LIFE BUT THERE'S ALWAYS SOMETHING THAT BLOCKS MY WAY TOWARDS THAT!" "You can't fix everything, but you can try," I said. "Look how far you've come! You've got friends, a lover, and a reason to live; something a person would have to be complete." He stopped blank, and for a second I wasn't sure if he was ok or not, but I was proven wrong. He sighed as he looked down, "I just... having the urge for killing and ending Henry has been on my mind forever it seems like. It's a goal I want to complete, to make me accomplish my feeling of fixing everything and doing good for once." "I can say I would do the same," I said smiling. "Thanks," he said letting out a rare small smile. I heard something down the hall  as I looked back. I could see Mangle and Foxy talking in front of the door at the end of the doorway. "I think I need something for pleasure right now," said Springtrap smirking. "I have something in mind," I said agreeing with him. "Something fun."