Chapter 9: Escape the nightmare

Funtime Freddy's P.O.V

"That can't be!" said Springtrap, just as confused as I was. Sitting in a chair inches away was a mini version of Springtrap; a plushie to be more exact. The only thing was it appeared to be all nightmarish. "Why does it look like that?" asked Bon Bon. "It could've the thing that killed those workers," guessed Springtrap. "I don't think so, it's too small to have killed them," I pointed out. "I think this indicates that we're dealing with something more than just this 'thing'," said Fredbear. "Ya, this 'Plushtrap'," I said giving it a name. Springtrap glared at me for saying this. "Really?" "What? I'm just giving it a name," I said. "Whatever," he responded. "Let's check out the door we passed by." "Let's just have caution, if this thing is down here, then I doubt it's not the only thing we'll find down here," said Springtrap warning us. "Alright," I responded with. We all walked towards the door as we approached it. I grabbed the door knob and slowly turned it; with caution obviously. I heeded Springtrap's warning, because I had no idea what to expect in this room; or anything for that matter. I peeked my animatronic eye through the crack, only for it to show a bedroom. "It's... just a bedroom," I said least expecting it. I expected something more, but I guess I was proven wrong. "Doesn't look dangerous to me," said Bon Bon. "Looks can be deceiving, and can hide more darker things than what they appear," pointed out Springtrap. "And I know the feeling." We all walked in, but also being cautious at the same time. "Why would Henry make a house, especially with a bedroom that seems to belong to a child?" asked Foxy. "I wish I knew. For all we know he could've been hiding more things besides this place from me," said Springtrap. "I wouldn't be surprised," I said agreeing with him. This bedroom was peculiar in terms of design: the room had two doors on both side, the bed was so big, probably four people could sleep together on it. The toys felt... off, almost as if they didn't belong here. And the color they were; purple, reminded me of Purple Guy, not Springtrap. I felt both were separate entity's that differed from one another; including Michael. But I also felt that Springtrap was Michael, but not Purple Guy. At least what remained of Michael. "I'm getting a creepy vibe from this place," said Fredbear about his concern. "I know," I said agreeing with him. I turned my head to face the closet, and something in my head was urging me to check it. "That closet, you think we should check it?" I asked making sure it was fine with everyone. "I don't see why not," responded Mangle for everyone. "Just have caution, we don't know what to expect from inside it, or at all," warned Springtrap. "I know," I responded. I slowly opened the closet, only to find a plushie. "Huh?" I said confused. "It's... a Foxy plushie?" asked Springtrap just as confused as I was right now. He walked over to look at it, and slowly drew his hand towards it. But he should've known, it would only wake the nightmare. The Foxy plushie transformed in his eyes; into a nightmare. To put it simple to understand, it was a nightmare version of the Foxy animatronic. He got ready to attack as Springtrap immediately shut the closet door on him. But at the corner of my eye, I saw something overshadowing Funtime Foxy. I quickly pushed her out of the way as I held it; it was another nightmare. This one was a nightmare version of Freddy Fazbear, and he wasn't alone. Three mini versions of him tried jumping at me, as I grabbed all three of them and threw them back at Nightmare Freddy. All of sudden, I realized it was a trap. Both doors opened as more of them poured into the room, causing us to branch up together. They were nightmare versions of Bonnie, Chica, ManglePuppet, and Fredbear. There was also some balloon boy kid, Plushtrap, and some black version of Fredbear with a yellow hat and bowie. "Great! There's practically an army of these things!" I exclaimed. "Glad to know you're not oblivious!" responded Springtrap. The black version of Nightmare Fredbear walked towards us, and stopped, staring at us dead on with no emotion. "Who are you, what do you want from us?" asked Springtrap. "I am Nightmare, the fear that hides in you, the one you see in your nightmares. The one that is your nightmares," he said. "And your fear, is what I require." "Hey! I know we just meet but I rather not get destroyed in pieces," I said trying to distract him. Immediately without warning, I pushed Nightmare Bonnie and Nightmare Mangle out of the way, creating us a path and exit for us. "Go!" I yelled. Everyone ran out as I could hear Nightmare yelling. "Do not let them escape, their fear most be consumed!" All the nightmares chased after us, like an angry mob of protesters demanding what they wanted. "I'll delay them! Go!" I said to everyone. "He's right!" said Springtrap walking over to me and punching Nightmare Chica who ran at us. "We'll by you some time. Go!" They all nodded as everyone left, except Foxy and Mangle of course. "We'll be fine, just go!" I said to both of them. They both nodded as they ran out of our view, leaving me and Springtrap alone to face the nightmare. "You know there's a chance we might not be able to stand our ground?" asked Springtrap. "I honestly wish you wouldn't say that," I responded. Nightmare Freddy charged at us, along with the rest of the animatronics. "But then again, we're the distraction!" I yelled punching Nightmare Fredbear. He staggered as Springtrap grabbed Nightmare Puppet and threw him at the rest of them. To be honest, this was more of a fight than a distraction. "Run!" yelled Springtrap. I did as he told and I booked it. I glanced over to see the nightmares running at us, while Nightmare stood from afar; almost seemly letting us escape, for now. "You may have escaped the nightmare, but the nightmare will always follow you in your dreams," he said. "Then I'll be seeing you in my dreams with Foxy!" I yelled back in response. I quickly shut the door as I sighed in relief. "Was that really necessary?" asked Springtrap. "Yes," I responded. He didn't say anything as he walked back over to the ladder, ignoring that comment completely. I walked behind him as I noticed something yellow sticking out from below the desk of the office. I grabbed it and read the title that labeled 'Project Nightmare' with bold red letters. "Hmm..." I said intrigued and curious at the same time. "You coming!?" called Springtrap. "Yeah!" I responded. I climbed back up the ladder and found everyone waiting for me. "Glad to see you not dead," pointed out Bon Bon. "No shit," I responded. "What did you find?" asked Golden Freddy. Everyone looked at each other, then me. "Let's just say something out of a child's fucking nightmare."