Chapter Eighteen

I own nothing all rights to Marvel.

happy fourth! no fireworks in foggy cities.

chapter that kinda sucks

~Matt~

The remained of the division pretty much yell at Steve to girls the girls back out. I think revealing I'm a girl like Mulan is no longer in the question, considering these boys. I head back stage, I can't stay with these people any longer without Bucky here. Saw Peggy and Steve talking, then something she says grabs his attention. I hid in the corner and watch.

Steve storms off to somewhere, Peggy follows him, I follow them in silence. I can't really hear them from where I can, I just head bits of it. I'm guessing Peggy told him the numbers left from the 107.

I hid behind a wooden box, only time I'm glad in short. I hear just faint words from Colonel and Steve, if only I had a thing with better hearing instead of a dog, they rely on scent.

Colonel tells him they don't have a ... no rescue team?! By the time we win the war, they'd be dead!

I head to Howard, there's no way I'm letting Bucky die in the hands of that blasted HYDRA. When I got to the front if his lab, it seems I've already been beaten by Peggy and Steve. As soon as they get out, I face them.

"I'm coming," I say straightforward, "I'm not losing anything else from this war."

"Matt, you can't go in there again," Peggy says, crap I forgot it hide my hair today, "Sergeant Barnes will get out, we can do it."

"What?" Steve says, a little interested.

"No time to talk, we've got a plane to get on," I say simultaneously as Howard walks out.

"Alright, Matt stay alive, or Faye will kill me for this," Howard says, "and use a parachute this time."

"Germans might shoot my parachute to bits."

"If they can see little you in the dark."

~Tony (present)~

I don't understand this, it says Matt's moving. But she was in that car when it blew up. It says she's somewhere in Europe.

The date the data is giving says it's 1943.

I don't really care what the date is in it, there's a chance she's alive.

Last known location of 2014: Washington DC

~Matt~

The plane ride wasn't so bad.

"You two... fondue?" Steve says.

God Steve... you know nothing of us females.

Peggy's gives me a hand up.

"Matt! You're burning," Peggy says.

"Trust me I'm fine," I say, but then I sneezed, causing me to fall to my knees and my arms were trembling.

"No you're not going, this time I'm serious," Peggy says, completely strict as she puts me in the co pilots seat.

"...but Bucky..." I say, and Peggy gives me a glass of water and I drink.

"This will help, you won't feel any pain," Peggy says as she puts a blanket around me.

I start feeling a little sleepy, but I need to fight it, I'm going to find Bucky, I want to find him.

"Well goodnight kid," Howard says, and I'm starting to fall asleep.

~Bucky (present, 2014)~

She's dead. I went into her old room in DC, and I found something. A computer, and it's reading to a watch.

Matilda C Stark

Status: Alive

Place: n/a

Time: ERROR

How is time error? How the hell can I rely on this, how the hell am I suppose to make sure she's alive?

I shouldn't care about her well being, the brats out of the way, makes it easier to finish my mission.

But you miss her, something inside me says.

No I don't, I say to myself.

Stop it, you know you care about her, it says to me.

Stop, I say to myself.

You know there's something.

My bang my right fist in the keyboard, and something weird happens to her computer and a weird playlist goes on. A weird love song starts playing. How the hell do I turn this off?! It's annoying.

'I knew I loved you before I met you' was the song playing. That line just went on and a selfie of hers pop up, great timing.

Her computer knows irony. I wanna shut this thing and break it in half, but it might be the only chance I have of finding her.

Just how the hell do I stop the music?!

~Matt~

"...ugh..."

I woke up on Bucky's bunk. Peggy probably put something in that water, I don't really know if I did fall asleep.

I try to sit up, but then my side aches. I lift my shirt up and a bandage on my right side. What the hell happened?

Howard comes in with a tray if food.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Well, after Cap jumped, you tried following him, bullet skimmed you before you jumped, you fell back cause you where slight intoxicated with the 'water'," Howard says as he places the tray in front of me. "You were holding a gun, lucky for you you hit a few propellers on enemy planes."

"And why this bunk?" I say.

"Because then Bucky gets a surprise if he comes back," Howard says.

"He is coming back," I say seriously, then start stuffing my face with food.

"Cap isn't back yet," Howard says looking down.

"What?"

Stuff the last bit of food in my mouth and chugged it down with water. If Steve doesn't get back, then I'll walk to HYDRA myself to get them out. If I don't, then I'll die trying.

"Where do you think you're going? Get back here, Faye's going to kill me!"

I went out and Peggy and Colonel were talking about something. A whole much of soldiers gathered up somewhere. A whole group of people sort of past through me, causing me to fall on the side where the bullet skimmed me.

Damn this wound. How the hell am I going to go to training?

I ran to the front of the soldiers, who crowded around Steve and many of the 107th that didn't make it back on their own. I was dressed as a female, but don't really care right now.

Bucky.

He's back.

Thank god he's alive.

"Let's here it for Captain America!" he says and everyone cheers. As soon as the soldiers calmed down a bit, I walked up to him.

"You..." I whispered. I threw a punch at his side.

"What was that for?!" Bucky says.

" Because we were suppose to get in there and out side by side, you said so!" I say, making that chubby face as I exhaled.

"I'm guessing you missed me," Bucky chuckles and puts me under his arm.

"Shouldn't you go to the nurse?" I say as he messes up my hair, if that was even possible.

"You're face makes me feel better already," Bucky says tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. Apparently he was oblivious to then soldiers "oohs" and "awws" and Colonel's shocked face.

Oh, crap, that's right. I'm not even suppose to be here. But right now, who cares? Steve just saved all those soldiers. Bucky's back.