Chapter Fourty Five

I own nothing all rights to Marvel

Excuse the short chapter again...

~Matt~

I couldn't breathe, the water was freezing around me and slowing everything when black. When I finally opened my eyes and a crystal sky greet me. I'm completely dry, which doesn't really make sense. All around me was spring green grass, the scent as if the field were freshly watered. The scent is so much better than anything Bath and Body Works could whip up. The grass felt newly mowed, and for some reason I was given the impression that I'm dead.

I stared up at the sky then say right up, the soft breeze greeting me. And in front of me stood my mother.

"Ma..."

"Matilda," she called and I ran into her arms. She looks at least a few years older than my 'physical' age, or what I appear to look like.

" I miss you so much," I said, almost crying.

"I do too, Matilda. And I know I'm not the only one," she said. I looked at her in confusion. "Which is exactly why you can't go with me, four very crucial men in your life need you."

My face became even more confused.

"Tony already has a wild persona, you leaving would be a horrible addition."

"Well, dad would."

"But that Sergeant of yours really loves you, and he needs you back more than you know. He loved you even when he didn't know you, Matilda," mom said, before taking a step back. "he still loves you."

"Mom, what are you saying?" I said, wondering fear in my voice.

"Matilda," mom said, "it's time to go back."

"But mom, don't go!" I said, trying to chase her, but it only seemed the distance between us seem to stretch farther and farther.

"I've never really left, Matilda. I always will be with you," she said the last time, and the whole field seemed to disappear, the emerald green grass and the sapphire blue sky escape the scene and leaving my sight.