Chapter Eight

"Matt..."

"Yes, dad?"

"Anything you want to tell me?"

"Um, well, since Cap and Nat are on the run, I'm staying with Faith Delacour," I said as I put another spoonful of ice cream into my mouth.

"I mean anything else besides that, which knowing me, probably already know," he says, stuffing his face with ice cream.

"Wait, how did you know?" I muffle through the ice cream, raising an eyebrow

"Your watch, remember?" he says in a matter of factly. Oh yeah, dad gave me this cool watch, I could check finger prints, foot prints, has a compass, and of course, being an over protective dad, if I'm not where I'm suppose to be at, dad gets an alarm. So basically if I'm late to an appointment, the watch goes crazy and sends signals to Jarvis every five minutes.

I continue to stuff my face with ice cream and dad is still eye balling me. Um, where is this conversation going. then the necklace dad gave me popped into my mind. I lost it, is that why dad is asking me all these questions? I'm dead if he brings it up. I hope he avoids the question.

"Well, are you staying with this Faith Delacour, or are you going back to New York?" Dad asks, and I could hear a slight pleading in his voice. This question is one I don't want to answer. I really want to move back in with dad, but Fury have me a mission. Junior America needs to help.

"Um...well..." I tried to continue.

"Well what?" dad said impatiently.

"Fury's dead and..um.."

"Exactly, no one left to protect you here, why stay?"

"He gave me one last mission, like a death wish.. "

Dad's eyes widen, he knew if it were from Fury, it was a dangerous one. His face became furious, and he got up from his seat and got into the car. I got up and followed him and sat into the passenger seat.

"Dad-"

"Get your stuff, we're heading back to New York," he said and started to drive. He doesn't even know where my stuff is.

"But dad-"

"Don't but dad me, you are not going to get yourself in that world."

"Dad! I can't prevent myself from not getting involved! I have Iron Man for my father, which already makes me something to use against you-"

"Which is why I won't let you do Fury's wish!"

"Dad!", I started to have a cracked voice, "I was turned into a science experiment and fished out of the ocean, I was made to be in that life."

Dad looked couldn't look at me, "you're more that an experiment, you're Matt Stark, my daughter. And I'm not letting you do it,"

I let out an ugh. "-unless you tell me your name."

"Ugh, my name is Matilda Callisto Stark," I hate saying Matilda.

"That's not what I meant."

"Well it's a surprise dad. Oh and by the way, my identity, unlike you, is secret. As well as my base." I said with a smirk and my nose up. He dropped me off to where I saw Faye by a tree, angelic as usual. I gave dad a hug and told him I'd call him the next time I'm atleast two miles away from the hideout.

~Faye~

I take Matty to the hideout, the times have shifted. She needs to get there soon, the missing parts in time must be fixed soon.