Chapter Thrity Six

I apologize for another short chapter.

~2014 unidentified masked man~

Barnes had found my apartment.

Threats all over the wall.

How the hell do I explain to Barnes, Your beloved Matty traveled to the past and you fell in love with her and she with you, but she doesn't know you've become the Winter Soldier that stalks her and falls in love with her all over again? But I won't let her stoop down to anyone working for HYDRA because she's too superior for any of you.

I needed to relocate, but I can't without
Matilda back to this time. I still can't believe that Asgardian brought her back to Emma. No, can't still believe that blonde is from Asgard.

Why does Matilda get to feel Emma's embrace?

Then again I don't deserve Emma's love.

~Faye~

It's been a month since Emma passed.

The ghost of her death still haunts Matt's eyes. How do I prepare her for the events to come? Matt's time in this place is almost up, I'll have to take her back home within a week.

~Bucky~

Matty seems to smile a lot, especially when (don't mean to brag) I'm sweet to her. But when she's asleep, I can hear her say "Ma", calling for Emma.

With her ghost following Matty, it's been even harder to give her this little box. But maybe tomorrow I might be able to get this gift into her possession.

It's almost impossible for her to fall asleep on her own whether she admits it or not, so every night I let her sleep next to me , and she always seems to find a way to bury her face in my chest. It takes her awhile to fall asleep, usually I'd play with her hair until she does. She has such a fragile heartbeat, even for someone small like her. I still don't get how someone so delicate could bring themselves to be one of the most significant soldiers in their division.

Right now, she fell asleep again, hugging me like a teddy bear. God, she's really cute like this. I scoot a little bit, and manages a "no" in her sleep.

Do you ever just think, wow I'm in love with you when you look at someone?

When this war thing is finally over, I might just have enough money to get her an engagement ring. Hopefully Carter will tell me what size gown Matty wears.