Chapter Twenty

I own nothing, all rights to Marvel.

I'm crying because I couldn't get a pass to comic con.

You are going to hate me for this chapter... I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.

I'll make up for it one day...

~Matt~

So it turns out I , Matt, have a bunk in the Howling Commando's room. Don't ask me how, I was too weary to even bother rejecting. Peggy told me she has my clothes and all, so I have to change in another room for obvious reasons. I have a top bunk, Bucky at the bottom again. He better not yell 'Matty' again, though I highly doubt it cause he's drunk a whole lot of beer.

I'm just laying in bed, staring at the ceiling.

Matthew.

That's the kid's father. I didn't get the last name, and I'm really hoping I'm talking about the wrong Matthew, or that maybe Matthew got two chicks pregnant so Emma doesn't die.

Yeah, maybe that's it.

I know it's wrong to hope Emma lives and my mom dies because I don't know who my mom is.

But maybe I'm right. My birthday is in a week, Emma's child is expected soon as well.

Ugh, I hate having things just run back in forth my mine. I kinda miss dad from time to time. I miss living with him, sometimes the scolding. I mean he doesn't nag. At a time like this he'd give me a glass of milk with maybe a few cookies.

"Anyone know where Calvin Matthews, no one's seen him on the battlefield," Cap says as he walks in with the rest of the Howling Commandos behind him, minus Bucky.

Crap, I'm the only on in here. They're interrogating me. Good thing I don't have my watch on me, that could give away what time I've come from.

I sit up and hang my legs from the bunk.

"Sorry, Steve, I don't know most of the soldiers," it was a lie, and Steve could right though see it.

"Now..." Steve started to sound more intimidating, "let me ask you again," he stepped closer, "does anyone know where Calvin Matthews is?"

I'm wearing cargo pants and a loose shirt, I fall back to reach my helmet, put my hair in a quick ponytail and put the helmet on then jump on my feet.

"Calvin Matthews, sir," I said in a deep voice.

"Do you know what they'll do to you when they find out?" Cap says sternly.

"Sadly, I've pictured many scenarios of how they'll do it," I said back into my normal voice, "I don't mean to boast, sir, but I am one of the best soldiers in my division. At least let me fight."

"Fine, Agent Carter did say Calvin Matthews is a fine soldier," Cap said, "but how did you manage to stay here?"

"Howard- I mean,um you see-"

"She's my sister," Howard says as he walks in. Thank you, Howard. I hope it's convincing enough, we could say I'm his granddaughter but then we'd have some problems there.

"If you ask me, she looks more like your cousin or daughter," Cap says.

"Well, she's adopted. Her first foster family had some... things needing to be tended to."

~ present / 2014 ~

Junior.

Junior had the same fighting skill as Matt Stark (Howard's sister), Steve thought. But Matt Stark (Tony's kid) looks like Howard's 'sister'.