Chapter Thirty Eight

~what happens in the previous chapter will be explained later on~

"Mind the gap, Captain," I heard over the radio Howard gave me so I could here them. I'm in one the train compartments.

For some reason my stomach keeps twirling, which it never does. I continue my way, pretending to check on supplies. Moments later, I hear thuds on the roof, and a boom.

Shit, I have this gut feeling alright. I know I'm suppose to pretend to be a daughter of one of these high ranking HYDRA agents, but I need to get up. onto the roof.

I know Bucky will be fine, the fine soldier he is. And he is fine, must I say. How can all these agents be so oblivious to the bright white dress I'm wearing and these loud stilettos? Do they seriously let their daughters tour around HYDRA trains practicing to become HYDRA's next top model?

I look around the compartment, making sure in alone when I pop the door on the roof open. I'm wearing the worst clothing for running on a roof of a moving train, but that's not all. The wind blows my elegant baby blue hat away so I begun to crawl on the roof.

I start jumping from compartment to compartment, without any real destination. I just happened to be wasting such valuable time because my gut happens to tell me I need fresh air. A hear a blast and see the compartment under me open with something-BUCKY FUCKING HANGING OFF THE SIDE OF THE DAMN COMPARTMENT.

He looks up at me, fear of death growing in his eyes. No, it's no suppose to end this way.

Not like this.

"Bucky!" I scream, almost into a cry, "Bucky hold on I'll get you!"

"No! Matty, don't move or you'll fall off the train!" He screams back, "Matilda, I love you."

I didn't even wince at the sound of my first name. I've imagined one say he'd tell me those three words, but not like this. Not while he's hanging off the side of a train, not breaths before death.

"Bucky, grab my arm!" or such what I heard Steve say.

Bucky reaches out his arm to Steve, but just before he can get a hold of Steve's hand, the railing breaks, and Bucky falls.

"BUCKY!!" I stood up, not caring if my clothing would cause me to slip.

And I did. I dive in to catch up with Bucky.

"MATTY! WHAT THE-"

I'm falling faster, getting closer to him. I'm so close, yet too far.

I'm so close to reach him, but I don't know how, my fall is slowing down, and everything around me starts to glow white like stars.

~Bucky~

I guess it's the end of the line. I didn't think it would end this way.

I scream as my fall accelerates, but then a see a little white object accelerating after me.

Steve...?

Shit.

It's not Steve.

Matty.

Matty jumped off the train.

What the actual hell, she's falling into her death with me.

She's suppose to live, her life can't end like this. She reaches her hand out to me, but somehow she's slowing down...

She starts slowing down and a white light flows around her and starts glowing around her like a bubble.

Some kind of miracle is taking her.

At least before I die I know she'll be in a better place than me.

I'll see you soon, my love. Matilda.