Chapter Fourty Four

I own nothing all rights to Marvel.

~Bucky~

I put Matty on my shoulders and run to the outskirts of town, where there's a little cabin. I break the door open and lay Matty on the couch. I hold her cheek with my 'normal' hand, damn she's fucking cold. If anything I remember is right, she's almost always slightly warmer than most humans.

I remove her mask and search the cabin for blankets and some type of medical shit to help her. I go down the hall and find a closet filled with towels and a first aid kit. I grab them in an ungraceful manner and ran back to Matty. I don't even know what I suppose to give her or what exactly is her problem.

She looks almost dead.

No, damn it, Bucky. I use the towel and dry her off, I tried being gentle but she needs to get her temperature back up. I carefully take her cloak off and unzip her jumpsuit, trying not to let my eyes wonder. Lucky she was wearing a tank and little Holister shorts. I used another one of the dry towels and wrapped it around Matty, and held her close.

I couldn't stop myself, no matter how hard I tried, I kept sobbing. Her temperature is so low, waking up didn't even seem like option for Matty. I finally understood what was so familiar about her. It became clear why I couldn't hit her. Why I kept the necklace that fell from her pocket when Matty tried to attack me. It made sense why I would long to hold her. I loved- I love her. Even without my memories, I fell in love with Matty all over again. Even after being trained to kill in cold blood, I couldn't harm her. I love Matty. And now her life is slipping through my fingertips because of me. I was weak and let HYDRA destroy me, crush what I was and turn me into a weapon to hurt Matty. I never wanted to hurt her, not my Matilda.