Chapter Twenty Nine

I own nothing all rights to Marvel

I'm sorry I haven't updated it forever , I've been completely caught up with school.

And I have an actual love life now
Now don't mind me...
~a couple of missions and sweet moments later~
"I am not shooting, I've already said I'm pretty bad at it," Matt said, trying to stop Frenchie and Morita from dragging her to target practice. Yes, she was lighter and shorter than both of them, but Matt was a feisty one and almost impossible to put into a restraining order.
Almost.
"Well how are you suppose to fight?" Morita said.
"The old fashion technique of kicking ass, that's how!" Matt said, trying to break her arms free. "Please let go," she pouts and does the lip thing.
Bucky opens the door and they let go of Matt. "Good job boys," Bucky says with an exaggerated smile. "Let's get shooting," he says as he hooks his arm with Matt's.
Matt picks up a gun and aims at the target. Then she shoots, and hits way, way off. Didn't even touch the outer circle.
"I told you I can't shoot," Matt says, "not every soldier shoots as good as you."
Bucky blushed at the compliment (well he takes it as a compliment) but didn't want to let Matt escape. "Well, here, I'll help you," he says as he stand next to Matt.
(A/N: don't kill me, I personally don't know anything about any kind of shooting my self. oh and take note that since Matt is only up to Bucky's shoulder)
Matt has the gun pointed at the target, Bucky, one hand on her shoulder, the other guiding her hand which was on the trigger. "Now pull the trigger," Bucky said, Matt could feel his lips brush against her ear. She pulled the trigger and it was a bullseye.
She looked over to Bucky to smile but he was already lost in her eyes.
"I didn't know you were a miracle worker," she smiled.
"..."
"Hello...Is Bucky still in there?" Matt said as she waved her hand in front of him, and he snapped out of it.
"Um...yeah, I , um..." Bucky stuttered.
"Well, don't mind me, but I think I rather do this," Matt said as she went over to pick up the bow and arrow. It reminded her of home with the Avengers.
Matt didn't know the proper terms, just not to be too stiff with it. She pulled the arrow back and she released it from her grip. Lucky for her, it landed right next to bullseye. She shot another arrow, this time left of bullseye. She shot another, and another, and another, but it ended up being a circle around bullseye.
"Well I'm not good at this either..." Matt said as she put it away.
"Well it's pretty good to me," Bucky says, "Where'd you learn to shoot like that?"
"My friend, Clint," Matt let the name slip, completely forgetting he wasn't of that time.
"A guy," Bucky said, trying to hide that he started getting jealous.
"Don't worry, he worked with my dad, and he's almost with my friend. If only one of them just said something already," Matt said.
Reminds me of two people I know, Bucky thought.
"Are we going to shoot all morning, or can we get some breakfast? We don't have any missions for today, they're all set for tomorrow afternoon," Matt said.
"Fine, if you want food that bad," Bucky said and Matt lead the way.
~Emma's apartment~
Emma finally had her appetite back after a while. It was a cold December, and it was suppose to be her first Christmas with Matilda had past. Emma couldn't bring herself to put up a tree. Presents she bought a head of time for Matilda were never going to be used.
"Emma," Faye said softly as she opened the door. "I think I know what I can do."
"And I can raise Matilda?" Emma spoke with glitter in her eyes.
"I'm sorry, but no," Faye said, eyes at the ground, "but take this." Faye took out a very small pill that looked like crystal.
"You want me to eat diamonds?" Emma smiled along with a chuckle.
"This isn't a diamond!" Faye said. "Just swallow it with water."
Emma opened her palm and Faye put the diamond pill in the center. Emma looked at Faye and she returned a reassuring nod, and Emma swallowed the crystal.
"Alright, you'll need to lay down for this one," Faye said as Emma fell asleep, Faye levitated her to her bed. "I hope you don't freak out."
~ let's go back to Matt and Bucky~
"I can't believe you ate most of the pancakes," Bucky said shaking his head as he and Matt walk around the streets.
"And three donuts after that," Matt said proudly. "Just watch, I'll finish an entire ice cream shop on my own."
"And you manage to stay so small," Bucky said.
"It's in my genes," Matt smile, then looked down, feeling a bit sad. Emma's genes were in her. "So what are we going to do all day?" She said, back to her cheerful self.
"Well, since we've got a whole day free to ourselves, how about a..." Bucky starts blushing, "date?"
"Sure," Matt said, her cheeks starting to get rosy. "Let's go?"
"No, we're going on a proper date," Bucky said. "Seven?"
"Seven." Matt nodded.
Bucky went off smiling, went to Howard for a favor.
But there was one flaw to this.
Matt's never been to a fancy-schmancy date. Their first date at the carnival was sort of unplanned.