Chapter Fourty Three

I own nothing all rights to Marvel

Matt felt too weak to move or get up, she didn't think Bucky knew she had the pink smoke in her belt. It was originally made to stall the Winter Soldier who she now address as Bucky.

Bucky was no longer in her view, she was now assuming that Cap and Bucky where having a reunion, but it was clear to Matt that the Helicarrier is crashing down soon.

"Help..." she whimpered, though she knew it was nearly impossible for anyone to hear or find her. She clutched the locket hanging from her neck in her palm, feeling the cold silver and jewels.

"You'll be in a better place Bucky..." Matt said softly before she closed her eyes, falling asleep from drowsiness.

~Bucky~

I dragged Steve out of the water, and looked back at the Helicarrier one more time before I start walking away,

Steve. Thought the end of the line was when I fell from the train. I tried to kill my best friend.

I killed so many in cold blood.

I almost killed Matty.

I weakened Matty so I could beat up Steve.

No.

Matty was still in the Helicarrier.

Adrenaline rushes through my body, my heart beats faster and I sprint back into the water.

I swim towards the wreckage and look for Matty. This is my fault. Why did I have to weaken her? I didn't need to fight her. She'll never speak to me again.

If she ever speaks to anyone again.

No, I can't start thinking like this. I dive into the freezing water again, searching for another sign for Matty, and thank god her fire starts burning her upward to the surface. Files on her computer said that it was in her muscle memory to try to save herself if she couldn't think. I'm just happy HYDRA doesn't have any files on Matty.

I help bring her back up towards the surface, and I tread us towards Steve. I can't leave her here, she's in so much worse condition. Even though her body had used fire to help her reach the surface, her temperature is so cold. Her warm skin is so pale, her skin tone not resembling any Stark. But how did she fight in the war? She looks exactly the way I last saw her when I fell off the train. I know for sure Matty was thrown into ice as child before Steve went down. But it doesn't matter, I need to get Matty somewhere safe, she needs to get into better condition.

Stupid. I'm so stupid for for doing this.

She could die because of me. No, I can't afford to think like this. I have to try to fix this. I can't lose Matty.