Chapter Twelve

I own nothing all rights to Marvel.

My profile pic makes Matt look a little too dark... I'd say she's about Tony Stark's skin tone...

~Matt~

"MATT WAKE UP."

I rollout of bed, wrapped up in my blanket. "...rawr..." I groan as I sit myself on the bed. Faye wasn't alone, there was another woman. She looked far up in the army.

"Sorry about this Peggy, she's ... well, has sensitive instincts," Faye says.

"It's alright," Peggy says in her British accent, "I'm pretty sure Matt here will adapt to our routine."

What routine? Why would I need to adapt to anything? It's like sleep hours, I shouldn't be awake.

"Can someone please explain..." I yawned.

"Remember when I said I coulda help you join the army?" Faye says, "That I had a friend to help you, well here's the friend."

She looks familiar, like I know her from somewhere. Didn't Faye tell me she took some knowledge from me for safe measure, I think so.

"As you know, they don't really want women, well anymore women joining the army, but Ms. Delacour told me you are quite exceptional," Peggy said. Aw, thanks Faye. "I just need you to fill out the medical forms, are your all set, Matilda," again I wince at the sound," I mean, Calvin Matthews."

"Calicut Matthews?" I ask.

"I told you they didn't want any women," Peggy said, "I told them I knew someone worth having on the battlefield."

Wow, I'm actually getting to be in the army. I didn't think I'd actually make it, but then again I'm using some other aliases. And faking my gender.

"So, when do we start?" I ask, eager to start training.

"Tomorrow. I'll pick you up at 0800 hours, medical files fixed."

As Faye walks Peggy out, I collapse back into the bed. What am I suppose to write, I was defrosted from ice fourteen years ago and have the body of an eighteen year old? I can't lie about weight, I'll be doomed. Height is even worst for me, I'm about five feet. I need air. I put on a blue coat, creme colored dress, black purse, and headed to the apartment lobby.

I walk out of the lobby, and the first thing I see is James Barnes.

Crap, I hope he doesn't notice me. I start walking the opposite direction, but he calls out 'miss' a few times, causing me I walk faster. Faye, use your goddessness now.

I walk into an ally, and again, a soldier bearing up a little guy. Alright, I'm pretty sure Mr. Barnes is pretty far.

"...ehm..."

This guy is a bigger than the one I beat up yesterday. Challenge accepted. I kicked him in the stomach and he moans in pain, I mouth to the little guy 'go' and he mouths back 'I'm sorry'. I watch him flee and confused why he apologized.

"I told you we'd find her." I back around to face the soldier, and two more are with him, a new one and of the cliché part was the other soldier was the one I beat up yesterday.

"I didn't think you were serious about a girl who could hit..." I start to back up, but it so happens to have another person behind me. Great, now I'm cornered.

"What's wrong, didn't daddy ever tell you not to mess with men?" the one I beaten up yesterday says.

"Seriously, is this the only way you people can intimidate a woman? Well, sadly it's not working." I say, glaring straight at him.

"Well it looks like big daddy needs to teach you a lesson," the big dude and the third guy grab a hold of my arms, and the guy behind me is kinda laughing in the background.

For once, someone's threat scared me.

~Bucky~

I saw her, those pretty brown eyes, that healthy hair, those cheeks of hers.

"Miss!" I call out to her, but she was walking faster. "Miss!"

She crossed the street, and a crowd of people were now blocking my way. Why am I even chasing after this girl, there are lots more sexy, attractive women out there, yet I decide to chase this one.

I crossed finally got through the crowd of people and crossed the street defeated. She can really be her own prince. She could've given me a fake name at least. I walked down have a block, and bump into this lady, and the things in her purse fall out. "I'm sorry ma'am," I say as I help her collect her stuff, but a peculiar locket fell out of her bag. It was a picture of her and a man, probably the one she's in love with, and a picture of her and my mystery girl hugging each other.

"You know her?" I ask, yes I know stupid question. Oh, wait, it's looks like the other girl from the bar.

"Yes, that Matty Matt Matilda is a heap load of trouble, she is," she puts her hand up, and I place the locket in her palm, "Now you look like the Prince Charming for her. I think I saw her run down that ally," she points north, "I think now's a good time for you to play Prince Charming." She gives a warm smile, and gets into a car, "good luck!" she says as the car drives away.

I don't know whether or not trust her, but if I want find that girl, this is my best chance. God, take this smile off my face.

As I walk into the ally, she's being strangled by two men, and another two men have this horrible expression toward her. They take a glance up, and they see me. I bet my smile was turned into something mean cause they're faces went white and they ran off my left and right.

"That's not a way to treat a lady," I say, trying not to sound intimidating.

They both scrabble, and I think I have then a pretty nasty look as they turn paler, which is, according to them, somehow possible. They drop her and spilt.

As soon as they leave, I pick up Matilda to get her back to standing up straight.

"Are you ok? Did they hit you?" I asked. My sincereness seemed to be a little bit of a surprise to her but she exhaled.

"Nope, but for the first time I felt a little fear," she laughs, and I could help but smile with relief. I don't know what she did do me to get me like this.

"Well, don't try running from me, Matilda. I wouldn't try to hurt you," I say and she gives me a look.

"Let's refrain from calling me Matilda," she says, "Dad calls me Matt, so let's stick with it."

I chuckle a little and say, "I like Matty better."