Chapter Thirty One

I own nothing, all rights to Marvel.
Yay, it's the date. Sort of.
~Emma's apartment~

-do you want to build a snow man knock-

Faye opened the door, not a surprise to see that Matt was there.

"I need help," Matt said as she rushed onto the couch. Emma had woken up with a yell. She first saw what she now knew was her child sitting on the couch. She was immediately delighted with Matilda.

"What is it, hon?" Emma said sleepily.

"So Bucky and I have an actual date and I don't know what to do or wear or-" she rushed, Emma lightly laughing to herself. She finally knew why Faye brought Matt here. It was time for Matt to finally know what her mother was like as a mom.

"Alright, well...how about this," Emma said, "I'll get you fixed up." Emma said delightfully excited to dress her daughter up like a doll and Matt's expression went blank.

"Faye, you can get a pair of heels and a dress for her, I'll get the make up!" Emma went on, Matt wondering if this was how she'd die. Yeah dad, makeup is my krptonite, she thought to herself.

"Kay, Matilda just sit of front of the mirror, I'll get the make up!" Matt did so obediently, and she didn't notice that she didn't flinch when Emma called her Matilda.

~ skip the makeup, I literally know nothing about the sort~

"Come on, Matt!" Faye said, Matt hiding in the bathroom, "There's nothing wrong with those shoes!"

"I swear, if I lose my balance!" She yelled, finally getting out.

"I doubt it," Emma said, "the army boys call you swift feet for a reason."

"Well, today proves them wrong!" she said as she walked towards the door, and there was a knock. Matt checked through the peephole- Crap, she thought. Bucky was waiting outside, and boy did he look nice.

"He's outside," Matt whispered.

"And apparently you're not," Emma said walking in front of Matt to open the door.

"Hello, Matt went back into the bathroom in a panic," Emma smiled to her daughter's date.

"Good evening, ma'am," Bucky said. "Are you sure Matty's adopted, cause you two have the same cheekbones, and I'm pretty sure she gets her looks from you."

"She'll always be a Stark, no matter what she is," Emma smiled and Matt finally came out.

Her dress was silky knee length, white top part with a v neck ( it's not revealing, no way Matt would wear it) and the skirt part was a faded salmon color.

"Hello, Sarge," Matt said.

"Hello, Agent Stark," Bucky said, snapping out of his gaze and pretending he wasn't staring or such.

They just smiled at each other, enjoying each other's cuteness.

"Well, hello to both of you," Emma said, breaking their mental indirect flirts, "now, if I remember correctly, you two were off to go on a date?"

"Oh, um," Matt stuttered, and clung on to Bucky's arm.

"Well, goodbye ma'am," Bucky smiled.

"Hurt her, soldier, I'll cut your balls off," Emma warned, Bucky took it as a joke. If only Emma was joking.

"Nice meeting your family," Bucky said as they walked down the stair and out to the street.

"Wait 'til you meet the one who raised me, then be scared," Matt laughed. Oh thank god dad isn't here to see this, she thought.

"You'll hold my hand, though?" Bucky teased.

"What are you, eight?" Matt teases as Bucky lead them to a fancy restaurant.

They had ordered dinner and finished dessert (Matt eating mutliple orders) and talked a night. Matt tried not to blush, but it was nearly impossible.

"Just tell me when you need help paying for the check." Matt laughed, "or you'll have to wash their dishes."

"Or you could sing, what was that song called? Star Spangled Man with a Plan!" Bucky said. "I'm pretty sure you can kick that high."

"Ma'am, sir, the restaurant is closing," the waiter said, Matt and Bucky laughing as they left their table.

"Now what are we going to do," Matt said.

"Can you run?" Bucky asked with a smile.

"I trip in half inches, these things are way higher!" Matt said.

"Alright then," Bucky smirked, and suddenly picked up Matty bridal style.

"H-hey! What are you doing?!" She shrieked as Bucky started running through the streets.

"There's no fun tomorrow!" Bucky says as he ran to a port by a carnival, still carrying Matty.

"Ferris wheel?" Matty asked, her arm wrapped around his neck, then losing herself in his green-blue eyes.

"You don't know how to dance..." Bucky said, not taking his eyes off of hers and finally putting her down, Matty looking up at his eyes.

"Nope," she said as he put her hand on his shoulder and his on her waist, the other hands holding each other.

"Just follow my lead, and try not to step on my foot," he smiled coolly and she nodded. Distant slow music from the carnival was what they danced to, with Matt's head laying on Bucky's chest.

"You're not that bad of a dancer..."

"That's because I've got swift feet, remember," Matt said quietly.