Chapter Three

I own nothin, all rights to Marvel.

~Matt~

|about a month or so after leaving home|

"Dad, trust me I haven't caught anyone's eye."

"Good. Now I hoped you've made some friends at least, or stopped opening doors to strange men."

"If I didn't open doors to strange men, then I would have locked you outside of Stark tower."

"Well, goodnight Matt, you better get enough sleep. I love you," I heard dad say, I missed when he would calm me down when I use to have a nervous breakdown.

"I love you too dad." I hung up the phone after about an hour long conversation of how dad would kick anyone's ass if anyone bothered even looking at me, not that anyone would consider that.

Living with Steve, well he's barely here, but I'm not complaining. No threats, but I sometimes think I'm being followed.

It's not paranoia, I'm pretty sure something is watching me, and it's not something good.

It was almost sunset, so I decided to go for a short walk and get some ice cream. I pat my pocket where I keep the treble necklace in my pocket, and look at the silver ring on my neck.Dad still puts money into my card, it's hard enough I'm not home, it would be harder on dad if he felt like he couldn't even support me.

I turn a block and I think something just moved from the roof. I look up, but nothing.

~Bucky~

HYDRA doesn't know I've been watching her. Thank god. I don't know why, but there's something familiar about her that's making me drawn to her. I need to get my priorities straight, I'm mentally face palming myself

I'm watching her from the roof and scoot closer to see her, but it was too close because I can tell she thought there might have been movement.

She walks on her way, still suspicious.

That was close. If she saw me, what if she told the captain? I watch her carefully as she buys her usual, cookie dough ice cream, and walks for a few more blocks and turns into an ally.

I'm on ground level now, and follow her in. She's more trouble than the things she gets herself in.

I'm in the ally, but she's not in sight, I look behind the pile of metal boxes, and she's gone. I turn around, I hear something small fall just as I get punched from behind as in attempt to take me down, but I grab a hold of her arm.

~Matt~

I jump from the metal boxes, and punched him, but before my feet land, he got a hold of my arm with his metal arm. I'm doomed.

I think he heard me when something dropped from my pocket.

The man eyes look like he cried and forgot he put on eyeliner. His hair is chin length, and due to the fact I'm only 5 feet tall, I'm between chin or shoulders.

"Why are you following me?"

He doesn't respond.

"Well, what do you want with me?!"

He still says nothing. He looks straight into my eyes, the look in his eyes weren't as rough as the way he's treating me. His grip loosens, and he walks towards the end of the ally.

I look down at the grip mark in my arm for half a second, groaning in pain, and he's gone.

Nobody gets as swift as that, besides me of course. Where the hell did he go off to? He doesn't seem like you're everyday criminal. Considering that strength, he isn't just anyone you forget.

I pretty much zone out, that I didn't hear Steve call my name about ten times, or notice that it was already dark.

-Cap's apartment-

We sneak through the window, I'm pretty sure I didn't leave the radio on when I left. Steve told me to get into my room and well, can't fire breathe very well, so I've got swiftness and turning into a dog or a big ass grizzly bear was my defense.

I got into my room and walked right into the center of it, where the end of my bed stands. There was no one there, until I think there was movement. Just a street cat outside the window, on the left of the door.

It seems safe, but the realization of danger didn't occur to me until the door shut behind me after I put my guard down.

I turn around in a fidgety way to see the man from earlier standing right in front of me. I feel stuck in place, like my feet are super glued to the floor. I don't know, but I realized I've been holding my breath when I saw him

He walks closer to me, and he's standing just inches away from me. His eyes soften as they meet mine, as if he was scared he could burn me with them.

If he could, that would be pretty cool. What am I saying? There's a stranger in my room with killer strength!

Before I could grab a hold of anything to protect myself with, I suddenly find myself in his arms. He's hugging me. He holds me close, and I'm almost just keeping my toes on the ground. He let's go of me and I feel cold. He leaves through the window, leaving me wonder struck and staring blanking out the window.

What is this thing in my stomach...butterflies?

Bloody hell, Pepper always told me if I ever do get them, she'd want to hear all about it.

Crap, I can't butterflies with him. He's dangerous.

Well he is kinda attractive...

Matilda C. Stark, be glad your dad can't read minds, cause if he did I'm in a heap of trouble.

What am I thinking?! Who knows what his ends are?!

Is that a yearn for forbidden love calling?

Get yourself together! You are Iron Man's child, you should have your mind straighten out!

But a forbidden love could spice things up now...

"Ugh." I fall into my bed behind me in defeat. I hate it when two parts of me are just fighting over whether you follow your brain or your heart. I hold the ring in my hand and look at it for a minute. I remember Phil, he was a good friend. He died believing in heroes. At least I have the Avengers and Fury.

My eyelids are feeling lazy and I just shut them. I think I start to dream about those nice arms..

A gun shot surprises me and brings me back into reality. I rush outside, finding Steve, our neighbor (turns out to be watching cap thanks to Fury), and Fury bleeding on the the ground.

What the hell just happened?

Cap runs off chasing something, and I meantally assign myself as his 'Robin' or 'Batgirl' and go off with him. I follow Cap after he jumps through the window, landing right next to him as he throws his shield at...

...at him.

The man with the weird eyelinder and mask. He catches Cap's shield, and throws the shield back, and he's gone.

He's the one who shot Fury? Why him? Has he been using me to get to Fury? Was he only distracing me so I wouldn't warn Cap that he's here? I can't lose another person in my life, not after Phil.

I feel my heart sink and my brain repeatedly going over how naive I was acting. There's no way anyone would like, or even think of me in that way. How could I be so stupid?

"MATT!"

"...huh..."

"I've said your name a few times already."

"I-I'm sorry"

We look off into where the man had disappeared. "Who was that, Cap?"