16- I want you to meet her

Nick:

Tessa is in for a rude awakening once she's served divorce papers. Afterward, it will expose her to the person who she truly is. She didn't marry me for love; she married me for the money, and for something I've been trying to figure out for three years now.

The truth will come out. It always does.

While packing all I could into my suitcases, Tessa threw everything in her reach at me. Including the lamps of our nightstands. All while yelling and screaming every possible lousy name in the book and telling me how much of a loser and no good for nothing rotten husband I have been since we married.

I think she has forgotten it goes both ways for a relationship to work. And ours never started after marrying. She also seems to have forgotten; I was the one who forked out the money for her to open her own health and wellness clinic. She wanted it, and I helped make that happen for her. Up until seven months ago, I tried being that husband every woman wants. I tried. I tried hard, and she never once appreciated anything I did for her, which pushed me further away and into the arms of another woman.

Never once have I ever gotten a thank you from her. Not for anything I have ever done, bought, or had given to her. I had given her full access to all of my bank accounts and my credit cards, and she used them like it was free money growing on trees.

That's all coming to an end. And Tessa will soon find that out.

I picked up my suitcases, and as she continued yelling and throwing everything she could find at me, I stormed out of the house, opened my trunk, and quickly flung my suitcases inside. "Where the fuck are you going to now?" Tessa screamed.

"Far away from you," I retorted as I closed the trunk. "Far. Far. Far away from you." I opened my door, slid in my seat, and yelled, "Don't you dare bother to come looking for me. And if you try to call or even try texting me. I will not answer or respond to your texts. Got it?"

I slammed my door, started the car, then squealed my tires as I drove out of the driveway as fast as I could. Knowing my father was still not doing well, I decided that I would go there first. While driving to my parents, I called Brianna to let her know what happened with Tessa and asked her not to answer her door if Tessa were to revisit her; I also informed her that I would see her after visiting with my parents.

I entered my parents' home, heard them talking in the living room, and walked over to them. I noticed how tired he looked and had to ask, "How are you doing, old man?"

"Tired. But mostly annoyed."

"Annoyed?" I questioned while looking at my mom, having a feeling his answer was because of her.

"That's what I said, isn't it? Your mother is annoying the hell out of me. I can't even breathe without her asking if I'm alright. If I make a sound, she asks what happened for me to make that sound. As I said, she's annoying the hell out of me."

I chuckled and smirked. "She's only doing her job as a wife and making sure you're okay. That's all... if she didn't love you, she wouldn't be annoying you, right?"

"Ack," he groaned, waving his hand across his face.

"Maybe you can talk him into eating these vegetables," my mother said, pointing to his plate that was resting on his lap.

"I already told you. I'm not eating these without butter and salt."

I rolled my eyes and groaned, "Just eat them, will you?"

"How in the hell can you eat cooked broccoli or cauliflower without butter or salt? Or even cheese?"

"Very easy," I smiled. "I stab my fork into them, place them into my mouth, and then I chew and swallow them. How hard is that?"