Epilogue

Brianna:

After four and a half years, Nick and I are finally getting married, and I couldn't be any more excited. You may ask why that long, and now I'll explain why it took as long as it did. Our plans for getting married after Abigail was born changed when two months later, I found out I was pregnant. It was a surprise to hear, and it was something we didn't plan to happen. After healing from giving birth, and it was safe to have sex again, Nick was adamant about using a condom every time we had sex; that way, we could get married when we planned to. But then we ran into an issue. And that was the first night we could have sex again. The sexual cravings we had were so strong that our encounter was so intense and wild, it caused the condom to break. We tried being more careful after that, but it was too late. The pregnancy already happened, and now we have two kids: Abigail, who is now four, and our son, Jaxon, who is three.

Nick and I could have married after Jaxon was born, but where we wanted to get married, I wasn't up to bringing two little ones, and we figured it would be best to wait. That way, they could walk down the aisle with us, and so our kids could also be our flower girl and ring bearer.

Now we're back in the city I fell in love with, Paris, getting married right where Nick proposed. I didn't want a large wedding, but one where at least our friends and close family members could join in on our happiest time. And with us getting married where we are, and the cost of it all, Nick flipped the bill and paid for everyone's flight and hotel stay, and whatever else they care to do while we're here, they're on their own.

As I stand in front of the mirror looking at my reflection, while Lydia and Cora tie up and adjust my dress, I reflect on how the last five years have been for Nick and me, and how one big lie nearly cost where he and I are today. That is one time I don't even want to think about. And I won't.

Not today.

"Turn around," Lydia ordered.

I turned, and both Lydia and Cora covered their mouths as they squealed.

"Nick is a lucky man," Cora said, reaching and fixing a smudge underneath my eyes.

Then, I wrecked it again. "I can't believe this day finally came," I said as tears flooded my eyes.

"Don't cry; you'll mess up your makeup, again," Cora laughed.

"I'm not crying," I sniffled, carefully wiping away the tears. "I'm just so damn happy we're finally here. Three years after we originally were supposed to marry."

Abigail and Jaxon came running by, with Jaxon bumping into me as he chased Abigail around. I giggled. "You two let all of your energy out now because, in a few minutes, you both will be walking down the aisle, and I need you two to be on your best behavior."

"Yes, mom. We know," Abigail replied.

I looked at my friends and held up my hands while crossing my fingers. "God, I hope they do okay."

"I'm sure they'll be fine," Lydia assured. She looked up at the clock on the wall, then to me, and quickly clapped her hands. "It's time for you to go out there. Are you ready?"

I was more than ready. As excited as I was to become Mrs. Frederick, finally, my stomach dived when Lydia said it was time to head outside. I don't know why I suddenly became nervous. It's not like I'm walking down an aisle with hundreds of people sitting on either side of me. It's just a few people, really.

I didn't come here to be nervous or to have cold feet. I came here to marry the love of my life, and that's what I'm about to do. I lifted my arm and smiled. "I'm ready."