-51 || Integrity

────── 〔✿〕──────

────── 〔✿〕──────

li. FIFTY-ONE

INTEGRITY

────── 〔✿〕──────

           DESPITE HOW IT WASN'T REALLY THEIRS TO USE, THE PENSIEVE WAS THE BEST WAY TO EXPLAIN WHAT HAD HAPPENED TO MELORA, AND WHY. Ophelia had hold of a memory, and as she instructed the girl to place her face under the water, she was greeted with a look of disgust.

     "Come on, you need to see it," Ophelia said, gesturing at the Pensieve. "Everything will make sense in the end."

     "You killed my mother! Why should I trust anything that you say?" Melora yelled back angrily, and Ophelia looked a little surprised at the outburst. "You murdered her, and plainly because you had an argument! But rightfully so! You said her family, my family, wasn't good enough!"

     "Well, forgive me for not wanting to marry someone!" Ophelia snapped back, which shouldn't have shocked Melora, but it did. "She isn't your family, either. She isn't even your mother!"

     Melora scowled at the woman after this. "This is ridiculous, and a complete waste of time. In case you haven't noticed, a war has just finished, and I'd like to mourn those that died!"

     She began to walk out of the room, which gave her a small feeling of nostalgia in itself - Dumbledore's office was a place where she'd been a few times, before everything had started up. But as she neared the exit, a hand grabbed onto her shoulder and pulled her back.

     "Perhaps when you see precisely what Bellatrix did to get her hands on you, you'll be glad I killed her," Ophelia said sternly, and Melora felt a cold shiver run down her spine as she noticed the fury within the woman's eyes. "And I know you've been living a lie for twenty years, but you need to face the facts now. It will only become more difficult to otherwise."

     Melora used everything she had left inside of her to narrow her eyes at the woman before her. But it proved to be quite a challenge. She tended to have quite a tough personality (although, sometimes her emotions did get the best of her), but now, she wasn't acting like it at all. It was almost as though her attitude had been a fake identity, and as the lies slowly died away, so did that personality.

     "Why should I ever believe you?" she said, trying desperately to sound strong and superior, but her voice had betrayed her. She spoke in a whisper, which made Ophelia smiled weakly.

     "Because after all this time, I came back to help you, Evangeline," Ophelia replied, her tone turning more soft, yet Melora could still hear her confidence.

     "Stop calling me that," she snapped.

"Look at this memory," Ophelia said, rolling her eyes a little at the stubborn girl beside her. "You thought Black's death was upsetting enough? You don't understand anything yet, love."