-47 || Protect the Good

────── 〔✿〕──────

────── 〔✿〕──────

xlvii. FORTY-SEVEN

PROTECT THE GOOD

────── 〔✿〕──────

             BECAUSE SHE'D FAILED TO SAVE HER COUSIN FROM DEATH WHEN SHE'D KNOWN PRECISELY WHAT WAS COMING, MELORA SWORE TO HERSELF THAT SHE WOULD PROTECT ANYONE ELSE WHOM SHE'D COME TO CARE FOR. And yes, she finally understood what her fellow Slytherins had been talking about when they had told her not to befriend too many people. After all, the more peers she had, the more likely she was of feeling broken and guilty when their deaths came around.

     Because they would do, eventually. She knew that it was the truth. And what she had decided, as she stared down, completely frozen (aside from her eyes that blinked tears away furiously), at the body of Tonks, was that she was going to die somehow. Perhaps it were not the way she was supposed to go, but Melora had changed greatly.

     And she was going to do anything to save those whom she truly loved.

     So, she hadn't quite classed Draco as someone whom she loved, but he was still her family. And due to her parents being locked away for the majority of her life, she considered him as more of a brother than a cousin. She cared about him, but also found him immensely irritating. Perhaps that was just what siblings were like. But she wouldn't know. She didn't have any.

     "Please, you have to believe me, I'm on your side!" he shouted, although his voice was shaky and he had a slight stammer as well.

     Melora had moved away from the tower and headed straight into the castle. She was on the seventh floor, so she could see her cousin speaking with another Death Eater in what he believed to be privacy. The other person was hooded, so their identity remained a secret to her. She sighed as she watched him plead pathetically.

     "I'll believe that when I'm dead, boy," they replied, in a low, grumbling voice. "It was your task, and you failed. You should have been killed for that, Malfoy. It was pathetic."

     Melora rolled her eyes.

     "You're lucky you have a family to hold your hand through everything, boy," the Death Eater spat. "Even if you have a weak little girl for a cousin. Her mother thinks she has it all, yet she has that for a baby."

     "Petrificus Totalus!"

     Melora lowered her wand as the Death Eater fell backwards, completely paralysed. She smirked. It was a rather basic spell, but it was useful, nonetheless. She wasn't going to kill anyone if it wasn't required of her, and so she had found an alternative.