6. Sleep deprived

~~~ EXO - Promise ~~~

As expected she didn't sleep after her little episode with Jumnyeon at three o'clock in the morning. She would not sleep nonetheless. But instead of staring into the ceiling with her mind empty, she kept on recalling her short exchange of opinions with Jun down in the sitting room.

The simple fact she knew he is down there, probably fast a sleep again, covered with her blanket, didn't help her mental state either. She kind of wanted to go down and take her blanket away from him, but then she realised how petty that sounded in her head.

She will just have to burn that piece of fabric tomorrow and with it, her crazy hormones.

Around six in the morning she gave up on the attempt to set her mind at ease and got up from her bed. She grabbed her notebook and laptop, deciding to get a little productive and play with her edits a bit. That put her mind off what was bothering her, managing to forget about whole Kim Jun for few more hours.

When was time to get ready for school, she put her laptop away and got dressed. Seeing her reflection in the mirror was almost as painful as she felt. The dark circles under eyes were more prominent than usually, which forced her to try and cover them up with some concealer. It didn't help much, but she just shrugged shoulders and went with her backpack downstairs.

She almost dropped her bag on the floor, when she was given a view of her parents being in the kitchen, preparing a breakfast, while chatting with Sehun who was surprisingly up as well, sitting on the high stool by the bar kitchen counter.

"Look who has finally decided to show up," her dad smiled at her cheerfully, walking around the bar island in the middle of the kitchen to greet her.

Don't get her wrong, she loved her parents very much, yet she just wasn't that used to see them around and when it happened on few occasions it always took her by surprise. She returned her dad' s smile, when he pinched her cheek softly, like he ussualy does. He and Sehun always did that to her, it probably runs in the family.

"Come and sit-down sweetie," her mum encouraged her, "I made an omelette ala pizza, I know you like," she added up, lifting Jihye's spirits instantly. Dad led her to sit down next to Sehun who was working on his portion, looking more than satisfied with the fact, he doesn't have to go to school with empty stomach as usually.

"How come you are not at work yet?" she had to ask an obvious question, before diving into her breakfast. She knew that will make her feel better and gain some more energy to get throughout this day.

"I know we are not around often, we still need to check up on you, even though you both are all grown up now," mom always got emotional, talking about her kids growing up so fast. She and Sehun exchanged looks.

"Right, grown ups yes. We don't need a supervision, though the breakfast is on point," Sehun devoured his scrambled eggs, winking at mom, who looked like she is on top of the world. Ass kisser, she mouthed at him, rolling her eyes, while he made a silly face on her.

"Thank you, mom," Jihye dove into her still hot omelette again.

"Jihyed you don't look well," Mom mentioned, her eyes focused on Jihye's pale face. Her mom's expression darkened with worry. She sighed, she was hoping her state will stay unnoticed. Everyone in the kitchen gave her the stare she hated so much.

"I am okay, I just didn't get much sleep as normally," she just waved her hand over it and kept on eating.

"Did your condition come back?" Dad asked, frowning his eyebrows. Jihye knew they won't drop the topic, because they never did. She knew they care about her and that was why they kept an eye on her, but she was better off everyone giving her the sneaky eye watching her if she is about to crumble or not.