14. One step closer

~~~ New Empire - A little braver (Uncontrollably Fond OST) ~~~

"You look terrible," Bora mumbled towards her, while they were seating themselves down by the kitchen counter the next morning.

Jihye rewarded her friend with small smile and Bora knew straight away, why Jihye looked like she just crawled out of the dungeon.

"I had a rough night," she confessed. It was only the half of the truth. The night wasn't half that bad, but that didn't change the fact she didn't sleep one bit. Though that wasn't a shocking discovery.

"That's it, I will sleep with you tonight, you need to get some sleep," Bora looked determined, when she revealed her plans for tonight and Jihye felt grateful for that. She only nodded her head, not complaining. She felt better knowing, she won't be alone tonight.

Bora pushed a bowl of cereals in front of her, encouraging her to at least eat a little to gain some of the energy she was lacking.

Baekhyun was in charge of today's breakfast, that was why they had only the milk and some unidentifiable cereals and instant coffee he made himself. He looked rather proud of his work and no one dared to burst his bubble and tell him it sucks. Thankfully she didn't have to pretend she likes the coffee as everyone knew she doesn't drink it and even if she did, she would not put her mouth anywhere near liquid that has strongly reminded her of mud water.

"We should wake up the rest of them, its almost noon," Baekhyun mumbled, his mouth full of cereals. He looked the happiest, when he could eat. She glanced at Bora, who was dreamily ogling their friend, as always, nothing changed in that department.

"No, let them sleep," Jihye killed Baekhyun's idea straight away.

She didn't mind Sehun and his girl friend waking up, but she wished Jun could get some more sleep. Because of her, he didn't get any last night.

She recalled the clock on the wall striking six in the morning, when they finally got back inside. They both were exhausted and cold, but on the other hand, oddly calm. Jun didn't divert his gaze the moment he sent her into her room, he didn't stop looking her way, until she closed the door after herself and then collapsed on the floor. She didn't understand what happened to her.

All she knew and could physically remember, was the warmth of Jun's body, providing her with the right amount of comfort. Whether it was, when he was hugging her, or when he never let go of her hand, while walking on the beach.

The thought of letting him go, crossed her mind, but obviously she had never made it happen. It probably surprised him as much as her. The fact he was not asking her any question except one, set her mind at ease.

They didn't talk much, but it wasn't uncomfortable. She didn't have to think about that, because all she could think the whole time, was the way he was treating her. She was staring at their intertwined fingers, like they were the two pieces of puzzles, fitting perfectly together, even though they were not made for each other.

The spot on her forehead was burning her, being the reminder of his bold action towards her. She for a split of second thought, he will....

Oh gosh, the memory of her crazy dream came rushing back, flooding her mind. There was no way, something like that would happen to her in reality...

"Hey, Jihye...!" Baekhyun was waving with his spoon in front of her face.

"What?" she frowned at him.

"I asked, why are we not allowed to wake up the sleepyheads?" he repeated the question, he must have asked, while she was mentally unavailable, thinking about Junmyeon.