16. Happiness

~~~ Shinee - I want you ~~~

She slept sweetly from that moment, until the morning.

Something was tickling her face, which made her frown. She scrunched her nose, to get rid of the ticklish sensation on her skin, but it was still bothering her. She moaned silently.

It felt so nice and comfortable in her current position and she didn't want to move.

But then suddenly the thing that was causing the tickling, slowly disappeared and she realised, it was her own hair. She smiled in satisfaction, ready to let the sleepiness take over her again, when she heard quiet giggling.

"Cute...," someone said and that made her feel happy, so she smiled, her eyes still closed at this point.

"Hmmm," she replied, making the person that praised her, laugh a bit more. The sound of his laughter made her feel so happy. She snuck her arm around his waist and pulled herself closer to his body. He sucked his breath in, the muscles on his back tensing up.

This was a nice dream. She wished all her nightmares were like this...

"Dangerous...," whisper came to her. She didn't feel like she was in danger though... what is he...

Hand appeared on the side of her neck, finger trailing the line of her jaw and the rest, diving into hair behind her ear.

That finally made her alert of the reality. She was not sleeping, that was for sure. As the shiver went down her back and her eyes shot open, she became aware of the fact, she was in the bed with Junmyeon. It was the next day morning already, the sunlight was coming in through the opened window, brightening the features of the man, laying next to her, still facing her.

Very close, indeed.

"Good morning," how was she able to speak, was a mystery to her, but her voice sounded very weird to her. Like it didn't belong to her.

"Hmm, let's see...," he mumbled quietly as he inspected her face. His fingers traced over the skin under her chin, tilting her head up in order to give him better view of her creased after sleep face. She was itching to dig her head under the pillow. She realised, she doesn't look the best with her pale complexion and dark shadows under her eyes, but she looks even worse after she wakes up.

He didn't give her the permission to hide and kept his fingers firmly, but gently on her chin.

"My mission for last night seems to be successful," he beamed at her with three-hundred-watt smile. She was in awe, which made her forget about her plan to disappear. Whatever he was saying, she didn't understand the meaning of it, because if he smiles the way he does right now, his eyes turning into upside down crescents, she was lost.

She felt like she was the reason he formed this kind of smile on his face, and it created an explosion of feelings in her chest.

All she could do, was gaze into his face. He was handsome even right after waking up. The thought of him not being real, crossed her mind once again. This man was most definitely extraordinary.

"Dark circles faded away and your cheeks are nice and pink. I like what I see," he explained, the smile never leaving his lips. She was most definitely about to start drooling and make him stop liking what he sees, when she comprehended what he just said. Jihye turned the colour of her cheeks few shades darker, suddenly feeling way too hot.

She let her eyes slip down his soft looking face, which was inviting her to touch it and confirm her thought. She remembered always squeezing his cheeks, when they were kids. He let her do it, because it made her laugh, at least he let her until the time they stopped being close. But that was so far in the past, there is no way he could still remember it as well.