13. Endlessly

~~~ EXO - Electric kiss ~~~

He had to use up all the power in him to remain calm.

He knew that if he breaks down and shows how scared he is right now, it would be fatal mistake. He rolled his fingers into the fist for a second to control the tremor that took over his limbs.

It's been half an hour since she calmed down and she was now remaining in his hands, unmoving and quiet. She stopped crying, which he was glad about. He had to hold himself back, from bringing her face closer to his own and read in her hazel eyes, filled with tears. It was breaking his heart to see her like this. He was not sure if he ever went through such a shock, like just few minutes ago, when he found her crying out of pain on the sofa.

He automatically caressed her hair, tucking them behind her ear, his fingers diving in the waterfall of silk every now and again. This made him calm, the fact she was not experiencing any pain anymore.

He didn't bother stopping himself from planting soft kisses on the top of her head, which was conveniently resting on his chest. He couldn't see her face like this, but he read her body language. She was okay for now, he was not sure if she was sleeping... but he somewhat knew she won't be too keen to go back to sleep.

His heart squeezed in pain, when he recalled the moment he walked out of the kitchen, where he went to get some water and heard muffled cry. He'd never experienced anything similar to what he had, when he saw her hugging that cushion, with her mouth covered with it, in order to stop the loud scream coming out. He could see her body shaking violently and as soon as he touched her, he knew she was in pain, she was unable to move.

The fact she let him hug her with no complaints was talking itself. She needed him and as much he wanted to know what is going on with her and how can he help her in a proper way, he realised it was pointless to ask now. The only thing on his mind was to comfort her, to hold her and wipe away the hot tears from her cheeks.

Nothing else mattered.

After another half an hour, which he selfishly used to make sure to never let go of her. He used it to remember the way her skin felt against his. He used the time he had her in his embrace to memorize her scent completely.

He somehow knew, she will be embarrassed after the time passes by, he found it in her eyes even in the moment she looked at him before. Her eyes welled with a fear, she opened the mouth to tell him something, but he didn't want to hear. He only wanted her to stop crying, because he could not bear to see her like that.

It was time to face her. She was not hugging him back, so it was easy to pull away from her slightly. She left her head bowed down, obstructing the way to see her face. He cupped her cheeks and lifted her head up, but she refused to look at him. Her face was little puffy from all the crying, but it only made her look more vulnerable, making him want to pull her back towards him and hold her all night long.

"Jihye...," he whispered, because his voice decided to not cooperate and disappeared, when looking at the girl in front of him. "Jihye, are you still in pain?" he asked her quietly. 

Her eyelashes fluttered as she tried her hardest to look down on her lap and then shook her head.

"Good," he breathed out in relief, his thumbs stroking her cheeks, which were burning up under his touch.

"I'm sorry," she finally spoke abruptly, taking the courage to lift her gaze up to meet his. His heart melted as he saw he big glassy eyes, filled with concern. He didn't want her to feel uneasy. No matter how much he enjoyed the ways she fidgeted whenever she was round him and teased her. This was not the time for her to feel apologetic or sorry towards him.