❰ 3 ❱

━━━━━━━━━━━━

It was 6 pm, I knew this because I had been looking at the clock for the past hour. Waiting for Bram to come for our study session. I had done all a nervous person could do. I paced, walked up and down the stairs that connected the level one and level two parts of our house, and I panicked. I finally ended up sitting at the kitchen table where I could keep an eye on the front door and the clock at the same time. At any moment Bram was going to walk through that front door. My front door.

My mom noticed my jitters and walked over to me, squeezing my shoulder. "Leah better be right about this boyfriend of yours," she teased, kissing my forehead. I was 100% sure that my face was bright red. Leah talked to my mother about this? How much more awkward could this get? She laughed, noticing my expression and walked into the living room to join Norah watching some rerun of her cooking show.

I needed to do something to calm my self down. It was just a guy! Bram was just a guy... so why was I getting so worked up about one little study session? I looked around the room for something that could calm me down. My eyes landed on the pantry. Oreos. I could eat a few from the stash that my family tried to hide from me without Bram knowing, right? I wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Bram wouldn't know I ate Oreos before my dinner, without him. I grabbed a handful and walked upstairs to my bedroom -- ignoring my mothers' shouts of "he'll be here any minute!" As soon as I got upstairs, I was on creeksecrets.

The biggest story at the moment was how 'mystery' Oreos were soon to be coming out. I remembered when I was the biggest news that was coming out. Not the Oreos. I was overjoyed that was over.

I looked at my inbox, which popped up at the top right-hand corner of the screen whenever I got a notification. I had one message from Leah, who sent me a picture of Bram and I holding hands in the parking lot. And a text.

LEAH: oooohhh!!

I laughed. Gosh, Leah deserved someone like Bram. Someone who could love her and she could love them. Or -- like. Or whatever. Not Bram of course. But someone -- nice. All my thoughts were stopped when I heard the front doorbell go off. Crap.

I ran downstairs and tried to look nonchalant when I got to the actual part of the stairwell where Bram could see me. He looked like he always did. Soft, dark, hair. Darkened eyes, and dressed casually. He had his school bag drooped over one of his shoulders and was holding a bundle of daisies. Which he handed to me as soon as I got down the steps. My mom had gotten up from where she was sitting on the couch. Norah smirked.

"Ah! welcome to my house," I started off. I was an idiot. Who started off a conversation with welcome to my house? Bram laughed. Responding with an "I'm glad to be here," I looked down and smelled the flowers that were now in my hands. My mom introduced herself and gave Bram a handshake. She took the flowers and smiled at me, telling me that she needed to put them in water.

After all of that, I showed Bram to my bedroom, he looked around taking it all in.

"So this is where Simon Speir's mind is at?" he laughed, picking up an empty full-sized package of Oreos. I laughed too. He first looked at my desk, and everything that was there. I noticed I had my Hamilton Playbill on display. I blushed. "Is this where you usually emailed me?" He pointed to the table. I nodded. I really wish I knew what was going on in his brain right now.

He looked around a bit, looking at my bed and all the words I had scribbled on my wall chalkboard over the years. He smirked at every new detail he took in. I sat down at my desk and took out my Trig textbook. It weighed like a brick and was just as helpful as one too. So, like, not at all helpful.

Bram sat down at the foot of my bed and dropped his school bag next to him. He took out the homework we had for the night and started looking at it all. I ignored the rapid beat of my heart in my chest. I focused on the work on the paper as Bram read the questions out loud.

"Number one..."

━━━━━━━━━━━━