❰ 13 ❱

━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Remember I was telling you about Rose Bud College?" Bram whispered, nervously fidgeting with the fraying string on his sweater sleeve. I shook my head no, Rose Bud? I'd never even heard of the place! I looked back to Bram, "I applied for the college, asking for a scholarship hoping my soccer could come in handy," Bram gulped, nervous. I nodded, not seeing the problem with applying to an out of country college. Why was he so upset? I didn't see the problem.

"Well, I got in. With the scholarship," he gulped. I gasped, grabbing his shoulders.

"BABE!" I yelled, "That's amazing! Are you going? Tell me you're going!" I grinned happily. Bram has been so nervous about not getting into a school. I remembered when he sent out his personal essays, to the colleges, he applied to every school I ASSURED him he would get in. How could he not? He was smart, and he had the whole soccer thing going for him.

"It's in Canada," Bram looked like he was about to cry. "I wouldn't be able to see you for months on e-end," his voice broke with emotion. I let it sink in. Oh. So Bram would be at the college of his dreams and I would be stuck here, without him?

"So? It's 2018! We can FaceTime, and text, people do the long distance thing all the time!" I tried my hardest to look on the bright side. Bram wanted to go to college. He needed to get a degree if he wanted to be an English teacher or a writer. He still hadn't told me which direction he wanted to go in with his life.

"You—" he paused looking me in the eye, "You're not mad?" I shook my head no, and he breathed a sigh of relief.

"Why would I be mad?" I questioned. This is Bram's life, not mine. Why should he be forced to do something — or not do something — because of me? If he got into a fancy Canadian college, good for him.

"I just thought you'd be mad at me for not telling you, or something," he blushed. I shook my head smiling at him. Sure I would miss the heck out of Bram. He kissed me once more, looking out the window. "I better go, see you tonight?" I almost forgot that it was Prom tonight. I nodded, still dazed from the kiss.

"Love you," I whispered. He didn't hear me. I watched him walk to his house. I made sure he got to his front door before I drove away. My mind was racing. Bram wouldn't be here for four years, I didn't have a college send me an acceptance letter yet, and I didn't know if my boyfriend loved me or not...

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Tuesday's late ch! 😬