❰ 11 ❱

━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Why won't it stop raining?" Bram wined one day in class. I looked out the window, personally, I liked the rain. It was the day before Prom and nobody could pay attention to any teacher. Everyone was too excited. There were people asking others to Prom right now! I thought as I sat next to Bram. I looked over at his alluring eyes.

"You don't like rain?" I whispered, he looked back into my eyes. We sat there for who knows how long. I almost forgot we were in class. Only until I saw something from the corner of my eye. It was Martin Monkey Asshole Addison. I flinched as I felt the light from his iPhone dance across my face. Bram and I both jumped back and pretended that we weren't staring into each other's souls.

I looked over at Martin. He smiled, from where I could see he was texting someone. He better not be sending that picture to anyone. I thought we were good! Ever since he told everyone I was gay, I had tried to ignore him. I didn't need his negative attitude in my life. I finally had Bram -- and all my friends back on my side. I didn't need any distractions.

I sighed, letting myself calm down mentally. I had a few days before Prom and after that school was out. I was headed off to college. I didn't need Martin back in my life. It was one picture of Bram and I. We were already out. How bad could this be?

Bad. Fast.

Before lunch, kids were already getting this photo. Which means Martin must have put it on creeksecrets. I could only imagine what the caption was. I actually didn't want to know. It wasn't until lunch I heard Bram complain.

"We should just ignore him, he's trying to rile us up again," Bram shrugged, "He's just salty because he can't get a date to Prom," I made eye contact with Leah who was across from me. I could feel my mouth ajar. How was Bram so calm? When he was originally the one who wouldn't dare come out to anyone?

"Right," I gulped, looking to Leah to start a new topic. She caught on and started talking about "LAUREL and YANNY" which I thought was some new lesbian couple at our school. Apparently not. I listened to her mind numbing conversation about wavelengths and tricks of the brain. Trying to forget that Bram and my's picture was dancing it's way to the top of creeksecrets. Where people so desperate to ruin our lives because theirs weren't great?

I swallowed my emotions down, trying to focus on Leah. She started arguing with Nick that she heard Yanny and not Laurel. Nick gasped, over something she said and they all laughed. I was in my own world. Bram glanced over at me. Reaching for my hand under the table.

"It will be okay," he whispered to me. Rubbing circles across my palm. I took a few deep breaths and nodded. I finally listened in on the next conversation, something about a new trend with Prom dresses. I laughed along with Nick's comment as Leah showed the hideous Prom dress. I just couldn't wait to go home and check creeksecrets.

━━━━━━━━━━━━