❰ 17 ❱

fluff

━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Bram -- people are staring!" I giggled, as Bram's hand met mine. He was acting so romantic, I didn't think he had such this side of him. He rolled his eyes at me, nearly fed up with me pointing out that people were looking at us. Of course, people were looking at us. We were the only openly gay couple in our school. Sure there were probably others, but none who were out. He tried to kiss my temple -- I dodged him noticing someone had their cell phone out taking a SnapChat of us.

"Bram!" I whined. I thought Bram wouldn't try to kiss me in front of the entire school. I thought he was still shy about being out like I was becoming. What was wrong with me? Why couldn't I just dance with my -- now out -- boyfriend? He tries to kiss me once more. This is okay. This is okay. I wince as his lips touch the soft of my forehead.

"Ah..." he sighed, grabbing my hand and dragging me away from all the people. He dragged me to the back doors of the gym. I let him take my hand, secretly happy to be out of the spot light. We were now standing behind the school. "Simon, you're going to be the death of me. Literally, I can't stand myself around you. I just feel--" he grabbed both of my hands leaving me staring into my eyes. He liked to do that to me. Make me feel like the most important person in the entire universe. 

"I feel so lucky to have you in my life, Simon. Like I know people say this all the time but -- I can't imagine my life without you, I just can't," he whispered. He leaned forward to kiss my temple, so I let him, now that we were alone. I felt my heartbeat speed up, as our lips met. His lips were so soft. I wouldn't have thought kissing Bram at Prom would be like this. He was so gentle.

"Me -- same," I tried to agree with him, I was a bit flustered, and really hoped I wasn't blushing too much. I cleared my throat. Bram backed me up against the exterior school wall, lips still on mine. I grunted annoyed there was now a wall behind me.

"I can't live my life without you, Simon," he announced -- between breaths -- I pushed him away from me. I could hear the sadness in his voice. "A-Are you breaking up with me?" I swallowed the feeling that was building up in my throat. The feeling you get right before you cry. I wasn't going to cry if Bram was going to break up with me I would let him. It just made sense, he was going to college, I was -- probably -- going to college. It made sense. Half of me was ready for this break-up, and the other half wished I didn't have Bram stop kissing me.

"What? NO!" he laughed, gulping. "I love you, Simon!"

I sighed, thankful my first boyfriend wasn't going to call our relationship off at Prom.

"I-I love you too," I whispered. 

I kissed him once more, noticing he was trying to reach something from his back pocket. Curious, I tilted my head to see. Bram kissed my jaw, keeping me away from whatever he was doing. Then in all one second, Bram dropped to his knee. I honestly thought he hurt himself. Like honestly, I didn't think he'd propose or anything. I just thought he was hurt.

"Simon Speir -- would you marry me?"

Oh my god I'm going to throw up.

━━━━━━━━━━━━