❰ 6 ❱

━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Are you okay with the small Ask?" Bram whispered, while I split an Oreo in half and handed it to him. I usually would never split an Oreo, but for Bram, I would do anything to an Oreo for him. I looked at Bram, brushing my face free of Oreo crumbs. I sighed, smiling at him shyly.

"I was actually really glad you Asked me in a small way, I probably wouldn't have been able to respond to you if you sang me some sort of song," I gulped, eyeing the couple that sang the song publicly. People were coming up to them, congratulating the couple like they were getting married. Bram laughed. Reaching for my hand.

"I bet you would have reacted adorably," I giggled. I grabbed another Oreo. I noticed Leah, Abby and Nick had all left the table. I didn't even notice they had left. I felt a buzz in my pocket. My phone. I grunted.

LEAH: we're in the library when you guys are done... ;)

I set my phone down on the table looking back up at Bram. "I never thought about going to prom with anyone," I confessed.

"Same here," he laughed. I noticed Bram laughed a lot. I liked that about him. I wished more people smiled as many times as he did. I checked my phone one last time and slid it into my pocket. "We have a few minutes until we have to get to class," he reminded me, breaking the silence. I started to gather my stuff, tossing my Oreos back into an older package I had found in my bag.

"Ugh, class," I complained. I took his hand, and we headed in the direction of Bram's class.

SIMON: Leah, I think I'm in love.

I almost backspaced it. I almost didn't send it. I looked at the keyboard, then my fingers. Like I wasn't the one typing it. It had to be someone else saying this. Had to be someone else in love. I felt like a stranger. How could I ever be in love? This all had to be a big dream. I was dreaming these past few weeks.

SEND.

I gulped. This could be a be a big mistake. Leah could tell Bram. Bram could get scared, and leave me. What if he left me? Leah could tell Abby who could tell Nick who could tell Bram. AH.

Bram.

Why was everything so confusing? Why did feelings have to be apart of a big song, but all the lyrics were messed up? It was like an orchestra forgot all of their notes and ended up mixing everything up. I felt a tug at my stomach. I needed to get off of my computer. I kicked my leg on my desk, getting my chair near the window. I could still see my EX-crush the neighbor's lawn boy. I blushed, thinking back to when I used to believe we would end up together.

I picked up my phone to check if I had any messages. I had a few freak-out texts from Leah trying to get a hold of me any way she could.

LEAH: SI! ARE YOU SERIOUS?

ANSWER ME!

It IS Bram, right?

OH, MY GOD! I WANT FRONT ROW SEATS AT THE WEDDING!

SIMON!!

I blushed, ignoring all her texts. I saw I had one text from Bram. I felt the breath catch in my throat. What was wrong with me? Bram always made me happy, but now I was getting all flustered around him, he wasn't even here! He just texted me... What WAS this?

BRAM: hey si, any plans this weekend?

I giggled like he was sitting in the room with me. I decided to text him back. I looked out the window. A crush. A crush was different than love, right? Love. I bit my lip. Is that what I was calling it now? Would things change if I told him that I loved him? Would Bram ignore me? Like the movies?

UGH.

SIMON: nope, no plans.

BRAM: want to hang out? i thought we could have like a whole day, like, have a picnic and drive around to the town's museum.

I smiled, spending the entire weekend with Bram was like a dream come true. I looked out the window. Lawn boy was gone. I looked back at my phone. Crushes came and went, love, stayed right? Whatever, now I was getting too deep.

SIMON: that sounds awesome. I can't wait

BRAM: pick you up at 11 am Saturday?

SIMON: it's perfect

━━━━━━━━━━━━