❰ 31 ❱

leahxabby as an apology for not updating?

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Leah would never go behind Simon's back. Ever. They had been best friends for as long as Leah could remember. Not mentioning the crush Leah had had on Simon. She had gotten over though -- thank goodness. How awkward it was to be in love with your best friend.

She, however, had found someone else to love. Or like as far as Abby knew. Yes, Leah was in love with Abby. Nobody knew and nobody needed to know at the moment. They were happy together and without the whole world knowing their business.

It would have bothered Leah that they couldn't do couple-y things as Simon did with Bram. Holding hands, kissing in public, being overall cuties where ever they went. Leah thought of Bram and Simon as actual couple goals. However, since Abby was not out and Leah didn't feel like coming out yet, the closet was where Leah, Abby, and the relationship stayed. Which neither of them minded.

When Leah's mom wasn't home, she would invite Abby over to watch a movie and cuddle. That was it. It wasn't anything big, it was just Abby in Leah's arms and when Abby was with her, Leah's world was complete. Sometimes Abby would hold Leah and they would talk about their days and watch whatever ROM-COM was on TV that night. Leah's mom came home around 10 pm so the two would finish up talking and cuddling and -- okay yeah -- kissing.

Leah would have Abby out of the house by 9 pm so that Leah could do some homework before her mother would come home. Abby would go home and work on some homework as well, thinking about Leah the entire time.

Leah enjoyed their routine. Until Abby decided to change it up.

"Why don't we see a movie at a theatre?" Abby grinned when Leah agreed after a few minutes of persuasion. Abby offered to drive because she knew that Leah had not gotten her permit or licence yet. Abby was the first girl in their grade to get her licence and as Abby liked to call it her "freedom".

The ride to the theatre was fun, Abby had stopped at a 7-11 where they both got Slurpees and joked that they were in the movie Heathers. "Which Heather would I be?" Abby asked Leah.

Leah thought about it for a second, messing around with one of the bags of snacks that were on the rack. "You'd be Heather Duke, I could totally see you taking Heather Chandler's power once she was gone," Abby snorted at Leah's words. 

She retaliated with "Oh yeah? I see you being Chandler because you'd drink the Windex 'not knowing'," Abby air quoted her words. Leah smacked her on the arm, laughing and shaking her head, "SHUT UP!" she yelled.

Once the girls were done at 7-11 they made their way to the movie theatre and both were nervous to go out together on their first "real" date.

"What movie do you want to see?" Leah asked Abby once she had parked the car and the two walked up to the window to check out the movies that were playing that day. Leah got caught up in Abby's eyes. She liked the sparkle of the light reflecting off them and got so caught up in staring she missed whatever Abby had said.

"S-Sorry, what?" Leah stuttered, making Abby laugh.

"I said do you want to see a ROM-COM?" Abby smirked, knowingly. How could Leah say no to a good love story? Leah was the 'hopeless romantic' type. However, she didn't have to be hopeless any more. She had found Abby and she had fallen so fast she was worried Abby would leave her and she would crash.

"Of course," Leah smirked, elbowing Abby and making her giggle. Leah loved Abby's giggle. Leah paid for the tickets, of course, Abby hated the idea of Leah paying. "It's only fair!" Leah fought, "you drove, and I paid for the tickets," she pointed out, enjoying Abby's face blush red.

"Ugh, you're so stubborn," Abby teased, reaching and touching Leah's hand for a second before moving away because -- duh -- they were in public eyes.

Once they got inside the dark theatre, all bets were off. Abby reached for Leah's hand and Leah grinned. The dark theatre was perfect for the two of them. They could be flirty and hold the hands of each other and snuggle without having public eyes on them. Leah so desperately wanted to text Simon about how happy she was but no. This was a secret relationship and she didn't know how to come out to Simon. Obviously, he would be happy for her -- right?

Leah shook her head, enjoying the moment, and rubbing her thumb over the back of Abby's hand. She blushed, thankful for the dark theatre to hide her red face. Abby squeezed her hand and focused on the movie.

Leah could barely pay attention to the ROM-COM when she was living one.

━━━━━━━━━━━━

aw... OKAy back to bram n simon next chapter :)