❰ 30 ❱

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Bram pulled up to my house and I kissed him goodbye, this was always the hardest part of the night-- saying goodbye to Bram. I knew that eventually, we would have to be going long distance due to our choices in colleges. I walked up to the front door of my house, jumping five feet in the air as my mom met me at the front door, opened it, and rushed me inside.

"Where were you?!" She screeched making me cringe. I had nearly forgotten to tell my parents that I went to the mall. And also that I was going to be going out driving with Bram to talk. So I guess I can see why they would be pretty upset over the fact that I stayed out three hours past my official curfew. I felt a pang of guilt, as I watched my mom sit down and the couch.

"Sorry-- I was out with Bram, I totally forgot to text you..." I mumbled being a pretty crappy excuse of a son. Why did I feel so guilty? It's not like she tried to contact me in any way. I slipped my phone out of my pocket and decided to check it...

7 missed calls from Mom

Oh. Now I was starting to feel extra guilty. It was sort of my fault for shutting off my phone in order to give Bram my full attention. I looked back at my mom, who was waiting for me to explain where I was. "Well? Where were you?"

"I'm sorry, Bram and I were talking and we completely lost track of time!" I took a deep breath, calming my voice down from high-pitched to normal. I looked down at my phone again to check the time. 3 pm. Yikes, no wonder my mom was worried. The latest I stayed out was around 11 pm and that was with her knowing where I was going and who I was going with.

"Well, you need to keep your cell phone on! Your father and I were worried sick, now please go upstairs and get some sleep." she sighed, I could feel the disappointment from here. I hated making my mom worry for me, let alone get upset over what I was doing. I starting making my way up to my bedroom.

Imagine how she would react to me wanting to get married to Bram and move away from her...

I shivered, making my way to my bedroom door and closing it silently, praying I didn't wake up my father or Nora. I threw my jeans into the hamper and jumped straight into bed. I desperately wanted to call Bram and rant about how bad I was feeling for upsetting my mom. I wanted to chat with him and stay up all night with him on the phone and pour my heart and soul out to him.

However, I did not want to keep Bram up any longer, for he must be incredibly tired from stressing out about his job interview all day. So I just tossed my phone to the end of the bed and grabbed a nearby pillow, and tried to get a few hours of sleep before the morning sun would interrupt me.

...

1 missed call from Bram ❤️

━━━━━━━━━━━━

BACK TO WEEKLY UPDATES ON THIS BOOK! :)

sorry for the kinda oof chapter, leahxabby stuff on the way!