❰ 16 ❱

two ch's 4 you guys! thanks for reading and loving this book!

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Martin and his friends stood awkwardly in a corner of the room. They were glancing at girls (and for one of them -- guys) as people would dance by. I tiled my head back, looking up at the balloons stuck to the ceiling. I took one deep breath, looking back at Martin and walked over to him.

"HEY MARTIN!" I said in an all too cheery voice. I cleared my throat, hoping the artificialness I was using didn't get stuck in my system. His friends were looking at me with disgust. I tried to ignore them, zeroing in on Martin.

"Uh--hi?" he elbowed one of his friends. Whatever that meant.

"Are you here with anyone?" I dramatically put my head to my forehead like Christopher Columbus searching for Martins date. Like she would magically come out of the crowd and drag him away. He was blushing, angry.

"No," he nearly whispered. I couldn't hear him over the music. But I could sure read lips!

"Dude! That's perfect!" I beamed. I was acting so fake I felt like a plastic water bottle. I really hoped Bram could recycle me. "Cause I know this--"

"I'm not GAY Speir!" he spat the word "gay" like it was acid to his mouth. "So frick off," one of the boys behind him punch him in the back. He must have been drunk. Coming from the guy with a gay brother, or cousin or whatever.

"Good for you! Knowing what you like," I sounded extra salty but I didn't really care. I didn't know why I was going through all this trouble to get Martin a girlfriend. Maybe he would stay off Bram and mines back if he got a girlfriend -- you know -- to distract him. "There's this girl I know who really likes you!" I lied. Sandy would like anybody who would pay attention to her, and Martin would like anyone who paid attention to him. They were near perfect for each other.

I waved Sandy over to him. She introduced herself, and they started talking. I watched them both blush as they left Martin's group of friends to talk alone in private. I sighed, happy and content with my decisions. I loved being Mr.MatchMaker for someone who posted crap about me on creeksecrets.

I found Bram by the punch bowl. He was hanging out with Leah, Nick, Abby and Garrett, a kid I hadn't really talked to but Bram really liked. Abby and Nick wore matching outfits and Leah wore a dark blue dress. Garrett wore a maroon tux that brought out the color in his eyes.

Bram grinned when he saw me, throwing something into his back pocket. I was intrigued but didn't ask. "Hey babe," I blushed, feeling a bit in love. My heart was beating pretty fast. He walked over to me, reaching up to kiss my jaw. "Sorry I had to talk to Leah about -- stuff," he was so vague, but I didn't care. I got lost in his eyes. Which seemed to be a repetitive thing with me and him.

Leah grinned over at us, wiggling her eyebrows as Bram dragged me away to a private part of the gym. He looked so handsome.

My heart. Ah. My heart. Ah. Ah!

━━━━━━━━━━━━