❰ 5 ❱

━━━━━━━━━━━━

As soon as I got home from driving Bram, I was on my computer. My mom warned me not to stay up too late on a school night, but I had to talk to Leah. She -- of course -- already knew that I needed to talk to her due to the messages I got the second I logged into my creeksecrets account.

LEAH: so how was the date?? it was a date right? did he kiss you? you kiss him? I NEED ANSWERS SPEIR!

I had to laugh at Leah's desperateness. I looked at the clock at the bottom of my laptop screen and grunted. It was too late for me to be staying up late texting my friends all night. I started to type out a detailed (as requested) reply when there was a knock at my door. At first, I thought it would be my mom telling me to go to bed, or Norah saying that she needed my opinion on tonight's dinner.

But no, it was my dad.

"Hey, Simon," he invited himself in. I clicked on another website. I didn't need him wondering what 'creeksecrets' was. He'd probably think it was some sort of a gay Instagram. I turned to look at him, he looked like a normal parent talking to his gay son about his boyfriend. I assumed he was going to talk to me about Bram. He never came into my room, unless he was hiding from Norah's cooking. "Can we talk about Bram?"

Ding Ding. You guessed correctly.

I smiled. Hoping that this wasn't going to get weird fast. Thankfully, for me, my dad was nice when it came to this stuff. "I think he's got a shot at a higher college," I almost laughed. This is what was bothering him? Not the fact that I was in a relationship with another guy, but the fact that he wasn't applying to a higher college. "Just let him know that. I don't want to see your boyfriend get held back because he thinks he can't get in,"

"Okay dad, I'll let him know you said that," Bram was going to love this story. So my dad came into my room to talk about you applying to college. Even though he hasn't had the whole 'college' talk with me yet. Hilarious? Right? He nodded, silently walking back to my bedroom door.

"Don't stay up too late," he said his good nights and closed the door. I turned back to the computer. Clicking back onto creeksecrets. No new stories, as far as I could see. Which was fair, it was almost midnight on a school night. Whoever was up on creeksecrets either was pulling an all-nighter, or just really couldn't fall asleep. I looked back at Leah's text. I decided I would just respond to her in person. Tomorrow. When I wasn't half awake.

The next day, Leah nearly attacked me after I had said goodbye to Bram in the parking lot. "DETAILS!" she punched me in the arm. I held my hands up as a sign of surrender. I looked around for Abby and Nick who were holding hands and walking into the school together. They both took off like a shot when I parked. Maybe Leah had told them to leave us both alone. Sly...

"Fine! We basically did homework, kissed, and talked about college," I summed up pretty well. It was funny, you could sum up hours of your life into just a sentence. I bet you could sum up a lifetime with just a paragraph. Or a book. "It wasn't anything big --" Leah laughed.

"What's bigger than college?" she asked as we started walking towards the school. I passed Ethan and his friends as he waved to me. I waved back. One of his groupies whispered something and he hit her on the arm. I wonder what that's about. "So -- are you two going to prom together?" I felt my heart sink at Leah's question.

"I-I don't know," I answered truthfully. I had no idea if Bram wanted to go to prom at all. Let alone with me. I dropped Leah off at her class and went to my first period. The question bothered me the rest of the day. Right up until lunch, where Bram was sitting with a package of Oreos and a big smile.

On the table, he had spelled out "PROM?" in different colored Oreos so they were rainbow. I wanted to laugh. I looked at him and I saw Leah nearly die in the corner of my eye. Here it was my Ask. It felt better than I had ever dreamed. Sappy I know. Here he was, my boyfriend, asking me if I wanted to go to prom with him.

"Yes," I remembered whisper-laughing. I kissed him, and sat down at the table, nibbling on an Oreo. He laughed, and my friends cheered for us. And just like that, it was written in stone. Me, going to prom with Bram. I snuck a look at Bram when he started talking to Nick about this weekends soccer game. 

Honestly, who wouldn't want to go to prom with their high school sweetheart? I thought, reaching for another Oreo.

━━━━━━━━━━━━