❰ 19 ❱

next ch is fluff... & it will be posted tomorrow, sorry for not posting for a while... enjoy!

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Bram's driving my car, Leah's passed out in the back of the car. I rolled my eyes, smiling. Some people got tired while doing exercise, but Leah got tired after eating too much Chinese food. She was one heck of a best friend. I noticed Bram and I were technically alone.

I found myself blushing, looking at Bram.

"Simon!" he gasped, stopping at a red light. "Are y-you wearing the ring?" his face was flushed. I laughed, nervously. I twirled the ring, a nervous habit I just picked up on.

"Yeah," I smiled. I liked this. Him. Me.

"S'up?" Leah woke up from the back of the car. She was eyeing us, suspicious. Like she had just missed something. Which I guess she technically did. I looked at Bram, who was making a U-turn. Did we tell her? Leah was glancing down at her phone, gasping.

"What?" I turned to face her, Bram gently pushed on my shoulder for me to turn around.

"Saftey," he whispered. There was my boyfriend, the safety nut. I sighed. silently freaking out over the fact that my boyfriend cared about my safety. Which was stupid. Of course, he cared. Just... it made me feel so ah... you know?

"Abby just texted me, she and Nick just broke up!" I ignored Bram's safety whining and turned to look at her. She was scrolling through her phone, looking in pure shock. I was shocked too. Why would they break up? On PROM night of all times? Was it the fight they got into? Did it have to do with college?

"Seriously?" Bram was biting his lip, "why?" I blushed, hating myself for blushing. Ah. STOP THINKING ABOUT HIM. HE'S SITTING RIGHT NEXT TO YOU. CAN HE READ MY MIND? OH, MY GOSH... WHAT IF HE CAN? AHH.

"I don't know," Leah was furiously texting someone, probably Abby. They were the best of friends lately. I was so happy that they were finally talking. At the end of the school year, of all times but whatever. Beggers can't be choosers. Or however, the saying went. "Oh," Leah gasped from the back seat. I turned to face forward, hearing Bram exhale. He was such a safety nerd... I made a mental note of this to use it against him one day.

"What?" I heard myself gasp. Bram looked over at me. I couldn't tell what look he was giving me if it was good or bad.

"Abby told Nick she was gay," Leah tossed her phone into the back of the car, "I need a break from all this drama!" I nodded, unsure if she saw me the nod or not. I looked at Bram. Looks like we couldn't tell Leah about our engagement. Did that count as drama? Was Leah avoiding all drama — or just the bad drama? Then my thoughts went to Abby. She's gay? Or bi? Is she bi? Or is there more to this story?

Why was Leah so confusing sometimes? She was my BEST FRIEND. Why did I feel like there was a wall between us? Or in this case a car seat?

"Simon and I have something to tell—" I kissed Bram to shut up. We were at a red light so it was okay. Leah was snorting, looking out the window. I wish I knew what she was thinking. I looked to Bram who drove at the green light.

I turned on the radio. My mind was swirling. We all stayed silent the rest of the ride. Bram didn't try to bring up our engagement -- and Leah didn't talk about Abby and Nivk or any other drama. The silence was nice... until it became nearly unbearable.

━━━━━━━━━━━━